• 06 •

1307 words

I sat nervously at my desk, my fingers fidgeting with each other. My eyes constantly glanced over to Katsuki Bakugo. Of all people I was being forced to spend time with, it was him. He already hated me, so why not just make it worse, right?

Time felt slow today, and I don't know why.  Maybe because today was Day 1 of "Katsuki and Hono Time". Shoto and I had to speak with Aizawa first, and I'd have to get Bakugo's number first. 

Before we stood up, Aizawa called for Bakugo and I, and to bring out phones, which made my stomach churn and my head spin. Once again, eyes were on us as we stood up and walked out of the class. I felt my palms get sweaty, and I knew Shoto was watching me go. My head started to get dizzy as I stepped out, staying near the wall while Aizawa followed us out.

"I want to see you exchange numbers, I want to be sure Bakugo won't chicken out." He stated calmly. I unlocked my phone as he growled.

"I'm not going to chicken out over a stupid number!" He snatched my phone from my hand and found my contacts to enter his number. I had opened my mouth to protest but didn't get to as he already pushed my phone back into my hand. He put his contact in as 'Don't text me unless you need to'. Friendly..

I called him so he could save mine and he hung up, then headed to the contacts app while muttering underneath his breath. I looked over his shoulder and watched him put 'Freak' over my name.. Great start...

Aizawa saw him too, I believe, as he folded his arms and gave a glare to the taller kid.

"Change the name. I saw that. I will not allow any name calling. Hono, if he does, just let me know, you won't be a snitch or whatever."

"This is bull! Why do you want me to hang out with this freak?!" He argued loudly, no doubt the class could hear through the thin wall.

"Watch your mouth. I think this would be good, for the both of you. You're complete opposites, yet your quirks deal with a large amount of heat. Plus, you need a feminine figure who knows how to manage a hothead like you."

"Fine. Whatever. Our numbers are exchanged, I'm going back to class." He huffed and shoved his hands into his pockets, scuffing the floor with his shoe before while walking into class.

"Hono, if there is any trouble please let me know asap. I'm sure he won't hurt you intentionally, but please, if he makes you uncomfortable in anyway, I'll personally kick his ass." He gave me a half-smile to try and cheer me up, but it ended up looking a little creepy.

"R-right.. I was meaning to ask: the first few times we go anywhere, is Shoto allowed to tag behind? I'm n-not used to being around anyone besides him, so I need to get used to being away from short distances." I looked down, blood rushing to my cheeks as I rubbed my arm in embarrassment.

"For now, yes. But once you two are comfortable enough, I will be restricting Shoto from tagging along. Are you two working on separation at home, or would you like to work on that here?" He gently placed his hand on my shoulder, "I understand how you feel, so I'm only starting this now, in the beginning of the year, because it will be inevitable to break you two up during training. If you feel like your going into an anxiety or panic attack, go straight to him, doesn't matter what we're doing okay? I may not show it, but I care for all my students deeply. I want to give you all the best opportunities."

I nodded, my lips upturned into a smile when I looked up at him, tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. So this is what it's like to have a real dad...

"Th-thank you, sensei. I appreciate the lengths you've gone for m-me." My cheeks burned, and instinctively fiddled with my hands. I nodded to him again and stepped back inside the classroom, my heart beating fast. 

I felt excited for once. Maybe this year will be better than the last few..

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

It was later in the day, and we were having lunch. Shoto and I were sort of sitting in between groups. On my left was the 'Bakusquad'; Bakugo, Mina, Kaminari, Kirishimia, Sero, and Toru. On Shoto's right, it was the 'Dekusquad'; Izuku, Urakaka, Iida, and Tsuyu. Momo and Jirou were sitting by themselves a little ways down. Tokoyami, and Shoji sat together, with Oijro, Koda, and Sato. Aoyama was shining while sitting alone, and Mineta was pestering other women.

We ate in unison, and silence, nothing really on our minds except--

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" 

There he goes. My brother and I leaned over and watched as Bakugo stood up against some blonde guy with a sinister smile.

"You 1-A twerps are so pathetic. I bet you couldn't stand a chance against 1-B." He chuckled lowly and placed a hand against his chest. I don't know his name but I already dislike him.

"Monoma! Leave them alone!" A girl with red hair tugged him back, clearly annoyed.

"YEAH! LISTEN TO YOUR LITTLE GIRLFRIEND!" Bakugo barked back while being held back by Kirishima and Sero. Monoma only laughed and walked away, clearly getting the reaction he wanted. Bakugo snatched his arms away from the others and brushed himself off, obviously disgruntled. 

We made eye contact as he sat back down, and he seemed to pause for a moment, the smallest moment I've ever witnessed.

I turned back to Shoto with a loss for words. I shook my head and took a sip of water before clearing my throat to speak. "A-anyway, Aizawa said you'd be able to tag along with Bakugo and I, but only until we start really training, then he said he was going to restrict you. He obviously wants us to learn how to be separated but it needs to be slow. I'm going to see if he'd like to hang out later I guess. Better now than never." I sighed and flattened out my skirt then proceeding to walk over to Bakugo on his open side.

He watched me approach and his friends either said hi or gawked as I came near. Maybe they're just surprised I'm actually talking to anyone.

"What do you want, Shitty Half?" He grinned, slight venom dripping off his words.

"Th-that's not my name, but I was going t-to see if you'd want to h-hang out later, a-after school. I th-think Aizawa would appreciate it if we were t-to start early." My voice was quiet at first but I eventually grew in volume.

"What?! No way, she just asked you out?!"

"Shut up, you moron! Aizawa set them up on purpose!"

"I wanna go too!"

His friends seem to talk over each other and that sort of made him mad.

"Shut up won't ya? Jeez, can't hear myself think!" He huffed and scratched his neck. 

"Sure whatever, text me later or something, I don't care just go." He shooed me away, and I felt my stomach churn.

He clearly could care less about me. Why am I even trying? This sucks.. My head started to hurt and I only nodded and sat back down with my brother. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and patted my arm. I could hear his friends scolding him for turning me away like that, but why should they care? The only thing people know about me is that I'm shy.

But that's just scratching the surface.