• 21 •

1:30 pm

Once again, Shoto and I were dropped off at another house by our older sister. We repeated the things we said from yesterday and soon she was driving off as we stepped up to the door. My brother and I turned to each other with a slight nod as we knocked on the door simultaneously. 

I wasn't as anxious as I was the day before, but I haven't met his parents yet and with his explosive behavior, it only made me wonder who he inherited it from. I was going to say something to my brother when the door opened. 

It was a woman who looked exactly like Bakugo, there's no need for a DNA test, that was his mother for sure. She leaned behind the door and yelled for her son.

"Come in, come in. Kirishima got here not too long before you both." She politely stepped aside to let us in and we began to slip our shoes off. My brother and I looked at each other with uncertainty, the same question slipping through our heads; who had the temper? His mom didn't seem so mean at first-

"You idiot! Get your ass down here and meet your friends!" Her voice boomed up the stairs, then she turned and gave us a sweet smile. It took much of my strength not to visibly flinch five feet away. My unclenched the fist I unknowingly made and took a deep breath. I muttered a 'thanks' to the blonde boy for giving us a heads up about his explosive mother as a joke to myself.

"Shut up you old hag!" The unmistakable voice of Katsuki Bakugo came from up the stairs she just yelled up.

"He'll be down in just a moment." With that, his mother left and headed down a hallway through a large doorway off to the left. My brother and I were standing alone in an unfamiliar home of our 'friend'.

Our eyes met again and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. We stood there for what felt like forever until footsteps were heard stomping down the stairs. They sounded harsh, so I believed it the blonde boy.

Dark pants, then a dark shirt with a skull on it appeared. Soon the angry scowl none other than Katsuki appeared from the stairs.

"What the hell were you guys waiting for, a damn invitation? Come on!" His features seem to soften a little once he saw my face— did I seem frightened? Was my anxiety showing again? I was in my thoughts again when I hadn't noticed I was already climbing the steps behind my brother.

Shaking my head, I raised my hand to slid it across the railing as I went, the smooth wood feeling nice against my skin. We came to a small area with two rooms, one door was open and music could be heard streaming through.

Bakugo pushed the door open with his foot to reveal more of his room before we entered. Kirishima was seen sitting on the floor, and when we stepped in his face brightened upon our arrival. He smiled and got up to fist bump us.

"'Sup guys! I think I've been here for twenty minutes or so? I don't know, but, Bakugo was showing me the music he listens to!" He turned to the boom-box sitting on his desk and pressed a a button, the speakers blaring something with a sharp guitar and drums.

I think I flew away because when Kirishima pressed another button, I was a few feet from the door, sitting on my butt, breathing heavily. My heart was pounding in my chest, my ear drums pounding my ears.

I must've been showing my fear again because Shoto rushed to meet me, Kirishima was visibly upset as well, and Bakugo looked surprised. I couldn't stop the tears from filling my eyes and falling slow.

"H-hono, I'm sorry! I-i didn't think if it would startle you! Please, forgive me, I-i'm so sorry!" The red-haired boy started bowing frantically at my side.

Bakugo was standing at my feet, a hand outreached to me. I wiped my eyes and tried to smile.

"I-i'm sorry. I didn't think I'd b-be so scared." My voice cut off and shut to a whisper midway through my sentence.

I took his hand and was surprised by the force of his arm and threw me into his chest. He stumbled back and our feet stepped onto each other. My brother grabbed my other hand to steady ourselves as we let go of each other, my breath catching in my throat.

We stood there in silence, staring at each other for a split second before Shoto turned me towards him, his brotherly intuition kicking into gear and examining me, like the last time in middle school.

"I'm fine, s-seriously. It's n-nothing." I muttered and gently pushed him away, wiping my eyes clear of the tears.

When I opened my eyes, they seemed upset and or confused.

"Seriously. Can we j-just.. chill?" I gave them an apologetic smile and looked away before I could make eye contact again. My stomach was on fire. Not my usual kind, anyway.

Kirishima defeatedly walked back into the blonde boy's room, my brother was next. I sheepishly rubbed my neck and sniffled then looked up at him.

"Hey, we're really sorry, honest.  I didn't know how high I had it until he played it. Are you okay?" His hand was raised but it fell back down once he saw I flinched away. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair before turning away.

We literally just got here and I already ruined things for all of us. Can I literally be a worse friend and sister? I wanted to ball up and cry but deep down I could feel the slight resistant my stomach was feeling. I had only taken a few tiny steps from where I stood when Bakugo's head poked out of the room.

"You coming or what? We don't want you to feel left out.. You nerd." His words stroke me as odd, but then I smiled after taking a second to realize his 'mean' words were his way of showing his friendship.

I nodded at him and stepped in, taking a deep breath and sitting on the edge of his bed, my hands folded and ready to chill.