• 31 •

1073

I trailed behind the class while glancing over my shoulder, waiting for Bakugo and Kirishima to arrive. They surely had to be around somewhere though because All Might made us move to a different location. They wouldn't stay behind, would they?

I shook my head and rubbed my forehead as a headache was forming. I was not in the mood to deal with it, but since Shoto was up next, I had to stay and watch him. I knew he was going to do better than me.

He was always the calm and collected one. Strategic and calculated. Growing up, you could tell he was going to make it far some day, with or without me. I always wanted him to succeed, but I know I'm just dragging him down. He deserves to be a Pro Hero, out there, saving everyone else but me.

All Might speaking up to us pushed the thoughts out of my head momentarily. 

"Match two! Team B are the heroes, and Team I are the villains! Now, let's start the second indoor person-to-person combat training match!" As he finished the sound of an alarm rang through the room, and the timer began counting down. Most of the class was up towards the front, commenting on the starting moves of each team.

A shuffling noise behind me caught my attention again so I turned around to see what or who it was. Lo and behold, it was the boys I was looking for. I guess they were looking for me as well or something because they headed straight for me. Kirishima looked nervous as he trailed behind Bakugo, and Bakugo just looked irritated as hell.. Uh oh..

"You! Come here!" He called out to me, and gained the attention of a few people near the back, who turned right back around once they saw who was yelling.

"M-me? What do you need me for?" I pointed a finger at my own chest, but he ignored me and grabbed my bicep this time. It wasn't as rough as the first time, but it still made me nervous. Eijiro didn't even look at me, so I guess something was wrong. Bakugo managed to drag me outside of the screening room and promptly folded his arms across his chest once he let go of me.

I felt sweat on my forehead and flames spew from my hair and shoulders. I nervously tried to pat them out before speaking.

"W-what do you want with me? Are you mad that y-you los-"

"NO I'M NOT MAD ABOUT THAT SO SHUT UP!" The blonde's sudden outburst made me flinch away and whimper. I guess my arms raised too because when I opened my eyes, they were blocking my head. I heard him sigh, then Kirishima spoke up.

"Dude why do you have to yell at everyone? Just ask her already." I slowly brought my arms down and saw Kiri glance at me very quickly, then Bakugo looked over at me with his version of an apologetic look.

"Fine, whatever. Clearly you have a crush on me, right? I mean c'mon, let's be real here-"

"Dude what! That's not what you're supposed to say! Ugh, anyway, Hono, which one of us do you like?" After Kirishima interrupted the other boy, he turned to me with a heavy blush on his face. His quirk activated in his hands and he flinched, pulling them to his chest and released a deep breath. His hands were fleshy again, so I looked back up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What are you g-guys talking about? You're both my friends s-so I don't understand?" I didn't have a clue on WHAT they were talking about, but I figured one of them would explain. Probably Kirishima.

At this point, I could hear loud noises coming from inside of the room, and that's when I remembered my brother was supposed to be a hero. My eyes widened as I tensed for a second, then turned to rush back inside.

"S-sorry guys!" I called back to them but barely turned around since I wanted to see what was happening, the room feeling much colder than it previously was. Confused, I looked up at one of the screens to see my brother walking out of the building. Even more confused, I looked at the other screens to see the whole building covered in ice!

"T-todoroki! Follow me!" All Might then turned to me, shivering, and led me out of the room as Bakugo and Kirishima came walking in. They each passed me an odd glance and started shivering.

"Hey! Why is it so cold in here?"

"Was probably her damned brother!"

Shaking my head, I sighed and lifted my hands to warm up the Pro Hero. He gave me a side-glance then sighed happily.

"Thank you, Todoroki. That feels nice. I want you to un-freeze the building!" He said as we went a few rooms over. I gave him a silent nod and placed my hands against the wall, feeling the cool texture before igniting my hands into their flames. The ice turned to water in a radius, then that radius grew as my heat did. I could feel water dripping on top of me and sizzling off. Soon enough even the water was getting hot as I spread the heat throughout the structure to remove the ice my brother left behind.

"Thank you, once again!" He bowed to me after I had turned around, and I gave All Might a slight bow in return.

"You're welcome." Was all I could say before he led me back to the others. I fell behind him and was left to think about what the blonde and the red head meant by their question. 

I then remembered what Kirishima said about the 'crush' thing from Bakugo's bathroom. My face exploded with heat and flames as I realized that they just asked me which boy I had a crush on. I buried my hands in my face and bumped into someone, who growled at me.

"Hey! Watch i- oh, there you are! Where  did you go, you idiot?" I could tell it was Bakugo from the gruffness of his voice and that rough hand on my shoulder. Backing up slightly, I let my hands fall from my flushed face and hiccuped.

"W-what do you want f-from me?" My voice was quiet at first, but I couldn't help but glance back and forth between Bakugo and Kirishima. 

I hope to god I would come out of this room alive.