Six

Cassie fell asleep in Fred's arms, they had been together now for almost two and a half years and she couldn't imagine her life without him. She can still remember what he said to her the night at the Astronomy Tower when Dumbledore died, he had told her he loved her, and she had told him that she loved him too, and from then on, she knew Fred was the person who she'd spend the rest of her life with, for better or for worse.

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Fred asked her as the morning sun seeped through the curtains of the Tonks childhood home.

"I was thinking about the first time you said you loved me," Cassiopeia grinned as her hair seemed to fall over his face.

"and it hasn't changed since the moment I told you, but I knew before." Fred whispered pushing her hair behind her ear, "When did you know?" She asked curiously.

"At Sirius' funeral, when you held your place after you had written him that letter, you held back because you knew that Harry needed that moment to say Goodbye, even if that meant you didn't get to. I knew that moment, I was certain, and I've never been certain about anything before in my life."  She never knew he knew that she did that,

"What about you?" He asked, "When did you know?" Cassiopeia laughed covering her face in embarrassment.

"What?" He laughed, "Come on, I told you."

"Don't laugh, okay? I was extremely jealous, and Angie really didn't deserve it." Fred sat up slightly with all his interest focused on her.

"Well, when George told me that you really liked Angie, I became very jealous, and I didn't tell you because I wanted you to be happy, but of course I didn't see that all right away, George made me think clearer before I did something I'd regret, and it wasn't until you and Angie broke up, when you asked be to be your girlfriend, did I realize why I was terribly Jealous when I found out you liked her, someone who wasn't me." She paused for a moment, and looked at him,

"But it wasn't until I saw Tom that night, when I wasn't afraid of dying, I was afraid of losing you, I didn't care about anyone else, and he could see that, he knew that my fear wasn't for myself, it was for the people I loved, and my greatest fear, was losing you." She whispered, leaning in to kiss him, and as their lips connected, it wasn't unfamiliar, it wasn't hopefulness, and it wasn't fear, she knew what it was and she was perfectly okay with that.

"I love you." He told her in between kisses, "I love you more," she spoke softly, he let go and looked at her,

"Impossible."

"Could you two go find a god damn room? I lose one ear and I can still hear all the baby making." George grumbled, as he placed his hand over his ear to remember he had actually lost that. Fred and Cassie chuckled as she stood up to go get new bandages for George.

Grabbing the mirror, she could see Ginny's stitching, and as she looked at her reflection she saw a random blue strand of hair, she frowned trying to view it better.

"Uh, boys, I'm going to head over to Dora's, will you two be alright? Mums upstairs if you need anything, and we'll be heading to the Burrow for Bill and Fleur's wedding in about three hours, I'll meet you there, okay?" She asked them quickly, before running up to her childhood bedroom, seeing that nothing had changed since she last saw it.

"I didn't think you wanted me to change anything." Andromeda peeped around the corner with an attempt of a smile.

"I.. I didn't expect you to keep everything the way it was." Cassiopeia let out a breathy laugh.

"Why didn't you ever come back home?" Andromeda asked, "You had  family waiting for you." They both sat on her old bed for a moment, they hadn't spent time together in so long they were almost strangers.

"I never really felt that I belonged here, that there is some other universe out there where you and dad only had Tonks, and you were happy, and that you didn't need me." Cassiopeia answered, looking down at her worn outfit.

"Then that universe is complete bullshit, you and Dora are the most important things in my life... and Ted's alright." Andromeda chuckled to herself with that last dig at Ted, but they had always been like that, she just missed his wittyness.

"Cassiopeia, we love you."

"Can I ask you something, then?" She asked, not wanting to upset her mum.

"Yeah, you can ask me anything."

"Why did you still name me after a Star? After they disowned you, they kicked you out and you still followed through? Why?"

"When you were born, I knew that there was something special about you, Ted wanted to call you Elenor, but I knew that wasn't enough, I knew you needed more of a name, one that had a kick, one that sounded like you, one that held beauty, one that showed strength, and we already had Nymphadora— even though she hates her name, we always knew we needed our Cassie." She paused for a moment, grinning, "Plus, when you were born, we saw a shooting star outside the window, and we couldn't help ourselves."

"Thank you," she whispered, "Unlike Dora, I think my name is pretty cool."

A/N

Day #2

Saturday 21st September, day number two. ♡

~ K ☆