seventeen

Cassie showed up at the new black residence, she felt incredibly guilty for not showing up sooner, especially after what happened with Sirius she should've checked on Elara much sooner.

She had left Vicktors place, she couldn't look at a Weasley for awhile, she knew it wasn't Fred's fault but she couldn't bring herself to explain everything that had happened, she had looked at her father's face and she knew why he was there, he sacrificed himself yet he had done wrong in his life. However, he wasn't really her father.

Cassie had two bags, and at this point she was almost three months pregnant, it was cold and she was stupid to only bring her coat. Cassie knocked on the door and there was no answer, she began to worry.

"Elara, It's Cassie!" She shouted, the woman opened the door but stopped her from coming in.

"Did you finish your last year at Hogwarts?" Elara asked her with a very stern tone and her wand out.

"Uh, no. Professor Dumbitch ruined that for me." Elara cracked a smile And let her in.

"Sorry, I had to be sure it was you." Cassie put her bags down at the entrance, Elara looked at them and nodded.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" She asked, something about her looked different.

"Elle? Who is it?" Ashton came down the stairs, she hadn't seen him in such a long time, she remembered the first time she had met him when all of this started, he looked at her and smiled.

"So, you aren't dead."

"Actually, I gained a new life." She told him as she patted her stomach.

"Wow, Uh, congratulations." It was awkward, because she knew Fred didn't like him, but this place was nice, It was small but big enough.

"Thanks." Elara handed her a cup of tea which made Cassie sigh.

"What happened? You must be here for some reason." Elara asked, "Not that you aren't welcomed. Any friend of Sirius' is a friend of mine."

"Did you guys know?" Cassie asked them, looking between the two their silence told her the answer an she put her tea down, debating if she should leave or not.

"Moody made us swear that we couldn't tell you, after you rescued her we figured you would've figured it out, you know? After Moody died there wasn't much we could do." Elara told her as they all sat down.

"Sirius tried to tell me with Lysara's story, that's why Tom chose me, isn't it? Merlin, it all makes sense now. He was worried that I knew, wasn't he?" Then it all clicked in her mind. "That's why he took Rosalie." She put her head in her hands, all of this was too much.

"I didn't know that Lysara was pregnant with twins, but I knew she was pregnant, after Rosalie showed up I figured that was her, but after Sirius told me I saw it. Your faces, even the way you moved your wand when you were fighting." A baby started crying from upstairs, and and Ashton went to go Check.

"Is that...?" She asked in disbelief, Elara nodded smiling.

"His name is Jack, he's a year old." Ashton came down stairs with a baby with black curly hair, blue pale eyes and that shared a resemblance with Sirius.

"Jack Hart." Elara told her, grabbing the baby boy and allowing him to sit on her lap as he looked at Cassie with his curious eyes.

"Well, Jack Hart, you are the oldest of the new generation that's for sure." Elara frowned, "wait, there's more?"

"Nymphadora and Remus are expecting very, very soon. She's six months, I'm about three to four, I'm not completely sure."

"How did Fred take the news?"

"He's excited, nervous as hell though and I guess me leaving didn't help." She felt guilty, she felt really really guilty, but she needed space, she needed time away from the Weasleys.

"Congratulations, and I'm sorry about your father." Ashton gave her a look and she still didn't want to talk about it.

"He wasn't really my father..." She whispered, not allowing herself to grieve a man who lied to her.

"He wiped your ass, he fed you, he took you to school, he brought you home. He took care of you when you were sick, he kept you warm when you were cold, yes, he's not your biological father but that man raised you like you were his own, Rosalie didn't have that remember, she was on her own." Elara told her, making Cassie frown.

"Doesn't that make it worse? I got everything and she got nothing. She thought the only way out was to join Tom, focusing on that, that being in your mind that I got everything and she got nothing?"

"Life isn't fair, we made mistakes, really, really big ones, you are both old enough to make your own choices, Cassie. You think Harry wanted any of this? You think he wanted both his parents dead? He never asked to be the chosen one, but he played the prophecy, because just like Rosalie he didn't have a family, he didn't have everything we all do, but he still made the right choices."

"Harry doesn't have a secret brother that got a happy family and he didn't, Harry had Mrs. Weasley and he had friends and family, he had people he could trust and people that guided him, you can't give excuses if you are apart of the mistake." Cassie warned her, how could everyone in the order think what they were doing was right? How could anyone? How could they have done this?

Cassie looked at them both, did they care? Did any of them care? She thought back to each person that was sitting in the dream, why the Potters were there, why there was so many people from the Black family, had they all known? What was their sacrifice?

What did Cassie have to sacrifice to let them all rest peacefully?

A/N

I reckon this will have about 25/30 chapters, and I'm hoping to finish this in quarantine :)))

Day #4 In self isolation