CHAPTER 25

Barry's POV

I don't believe it. Cait keeping a secret like this for so long. Not trusting us or even me enough to tell us about her unknown powers. What could it be? Mind reading, control fire, flight? It's an endless guess although Snow is her last name so perhaps it has something to do with that. But the point is that Caitlin knew she had powers that were unpredictable and dangerous and could hurt anyone at any time. How did she suppress it for so long? There's so many questions I want to ask but I'll allow her to explain everything first, I owe that to her. Even though she did lie to me, I still love her. All this questions are making me doubt the Cait I know and I can't let that happen, I have to trust her.
This is how she explained...

Caitlin: Well where do I begin?(she sighs)

Cisco: From the beginning.

Caitlin: Okay then. Firstly you need to know I never got powers from the particle accelerator.

Barry: Is that even possible?

Caitlin: Apparently so. You all know my father died but you see he also had a disease that was slowly killing him. He was afraid it was genetic so he created a serum that gave me powers.

Iris: What kind of powers?

Caitlin: The cold kind...(she lifts up her hands and ice are formed in her hands)

Barry: Cait...

Caitlin: I know this is all a shock to you but there's something else I need to tell you.

Joe: Which is?

Caitlin: When I got powers it created an alter ego. Right now there is someone else living inside me, someone that is actually giving me the power to manipulate ice. Her name is Killer Frost.

Barry: Killer Frost?

Caitlin: She hasn't killed anyone yet but she is dangerous, very dangerous. The minute this new side of me appeared, my mom tried to create a cure to help me.

Cisco: But how is this alter ego of yours supposed to stop the disease?

Caitlin: My body stores extremely cold temperatures so it slows down and I'm 80% sure it killed it off by now.

Harry: And the cure? Why didn't it work?

Caitlin: I'm not sure, we all thought it did. Killer Frost hasn't come out since I was 10 years old and I thought she would never appear again. But it seems like what my mom gave me only suppressed these powers for a long time.

Barry: Is that why you never said anything? Because you thought since she was gone there was no need to tell me about your past? What you had to  go through.(shows irritation on his face)