Thomliza || Hiding.

Fluffy/ Angsty. Thomliza.

Thomas and Eliza had been married nearly five years now, with both of them nearing their 30's. Thomas was a politician, which Meant Eliza's jobs were limited due to her husbands views. Eliza ran a blog and she generally spent time volunteering and making movement against things her and her husband supported.

Recently, Eliza had raised $15000 for the New York Care System, $200 for Save the Turtles, and $30000 for Cancer research. She had a pretty good, spotless reputation. Though, her husband was known for getting into debates with Alexander Hamilton, believe it or not, her High School Sweetheart.

Thomas and Eliza were undoubtedly in love. They had proven that many times; And Eliza has the hickeys to show it. But that wasn't all, they spent a lot of time apart. Thomas was either at work, or at some sort of a party and Eliza was focused back in New York. Thomas and Eliza had a beautiful state house in Upper Albany, and One in the fun ventures of Virginia (To Thomas' request).

But today was different, Eliza had spent the day with her sisters and Thomas and her hadn't spoken. Eliza wasn't in a healthy position to talk anyway, and She wasn't ready to face Thomas...

She was currently sat on the edge of her bed, crying, her eyes full of tears. She clutched the small item in her hands, rocking back and forth, not knowing what to do. She couldn't keep the information to herself forever, but maybe for a little longer... It wouldn't hurt no-one.

She tidied herself up, putting make up on to cover her puffy eyes and she put on a shirt of Thomas' and some leggings. She wandered her way to the upstairs office, a beautiful room with salmons, beiges and whites. The room had a massive french door that opened the view to the entire estate.

She opened the doors halfway, sitting in the rocking chair, putting on her husbands glasses; they were fake, but they made him look smart! She grabbed Little Women off the Small table beside her and continued to read.

A few hours past and Eliza didn't hear or notice Thomas pull into the drive way, nor did she notice him stood at the top of the stairs leading into the room.

"Heya Baby..."

Eliza peered over her book, then hid right behind it again. She whispered to hide her cracked voice.

"Hi..."

Thomas frowned. Eliza would normally be waiting for him downstairs; better yet, she would normally give him a peck on the lips. He sat down in the chair opposite and slowly watched her for about five minutes when she finally spoke up.

"How was work?"

"Boring, per usual. I was missing you- You didn't come for lunch either."

"I was so caught up in my book that I-"

"Forgot to meet me for lunch, forgot that I come home at 5 pm exactly everyday, Just so I dont disappoint you, because you like to have dinner ready so we have the whole night for time between the two of us...."

"Thomas I-"

"I dont wanna know Liza..."

Thomas got up and walked out, leaving Eliza in near Tears. Eliza didn't want, or need it to be this way. She needed to push through for who knows how long. She turned around, stuffing her face into the pillow and letting out a faint scream, she couldn't bear him being mad with her, she hated it. Eliza must've cried so hard she fell asleep, because when she had waken up, she was in her own room again; Thomas was sat at the desk, working away.

Eliza smiled softly to herself; but then everything that happened earlier flooded back to her and she let out a quiet choked sob. Thomas' head immediately whipped around, his gaze softening slightly at the sight of his wife in such a state. Eliza made eye contact and immediately turned around, the guilt forcing her away.

"Eliza..." Thomas groaned, rubbing his forehead. He wasn't mad at her, more concerned for her; She never hid anything from him and he could tell something was bothering her. He span around him his chair, looking at her.

Eliza sighed, she knew she couldn't hide things from him, yet she still did; She didn't want to lose him. She didn't want to hurt him. But most importantly, she didn't want to change him. She loved him for who he was now, she couldn't handle it if she added more stress to his plate. What if he abandoned her; Her parents hated her. All these thoughts rushed through Eliza's head, her panicking a little, then it rising through her breaths. It was only when Thomas wrapped his arms around her that a wave of relief finally cleared her head.