Lams || Angel

John and Alexander were sat on the garden swing, it was their four year anniversary and well, they were just having a comfortable day talking about memories, but something had been bothering Alexander for a while, and he needed to talk; But it's not exactly the most natural thing.

"Oh My Gosh! I do remember when you proposed- Doesn't Eliza have it on video? I think she does- Right?!" John exclaimed, laughing at the memory, Alexander's plan had backfired that night and well, they both wanted to propose on the same night...

"Yeah! She does!"  Alexander confirmed laughing with him.

"It was the start of Us Alex. Our little family..." John added a soft smile on his face while he intertwined his and Alexander's fingers. 

"Our little family...." Alexander parroted, a tinge of disappointment laced through his voice. John frowned, looking to him. Alex decided to continue.

"It's just us... We dont have our parents... and we obviously dont have-" Alexander cut himself off, as John gently rubbed his thumb over the back of Alex's hand.

"What're you saying Lex...?" John pressed, confused as to why Alexander seemed disappointed.

"I- What do you think about- Children... I mean, I love it just us, dont get me wrong, but I want us to have a proper family..." Alexander explained, He personally loved the idea, a little one running around, someone to sing lullaby's to, someone to share precious moments with. He was straight to the point... he had waited a while.

However John took a moment to think about it, he'd never really pondered the topic, he wouldn't object the idea, but with both of them working full time, would they be able to drop everything for them. Money wasn't an issue, Alexander as a lawyer and John as a therapist, it was more 'If there's a will, there's a way.' But John wondered if they had the will.

"I..." John started, squeezing Alexander's hand gently. Alex looked into his face, he saw how John's eye's were soft, as though he melted into the idea. 

"I think it's a wonderful idea Al, Honestly... But it's not as simple as that- Not with- Well. Us..." He added a slight laugh, and Alexander knew he wasn't wrong but if they both wanted it, Alexander would make sure it would happen; And if Alexander complies, John will follow suit. 

"We can look into it..." John confirmed before leaning down, pressing a soft kiss to Alexander's lips and then rested his forehead against the others. 

After a month or so of talking, and making preparations they finally decided on who the surrogate mother would be; If they said yes, Of Course. And well, there wasn't a lot she wouldn't do for the boys. Miss Betsy Schuyler has been a close friend of the Hamilton-Laurens' since they were all in Collage together; and the boys trusted her with everything. 

The boys had decided between them that the child was to be Alexander's and Eliza's, and if they decided to have another, John's. There was few things left that they could do before they knew anything more. Top of that list; Ask Eliza. Though, it's a little scarier when she's sat right in front of you, sharing laughs and not knowing anything.

"So, Lizzie, Your probably wondering why we invited you over, and made all this fancy food..." John started, looking to Alex and linking their hands. Eliza nodded softly, taking a small sip of her wine.

"Well, as you know me and Jackie- We celebrated our four year anniversary..." Alexander cleared his throat, glancing between his husband and his best friend. 

"And well, we had a talk, about memories, and thing's we want..." John contributed.

"I- We talked a bit about kids... And we both decided that we want kids, we want to have that something special..." 

Eliza smiled softly, the boys would be wonderful parents she thought to herself; She could picture it right now. 

"You would be wonderful parents boys- Uh- Congrats-?" She laughed a little, voicing her thoughts.

"Eli-" Alex began, before John cut him off.

"We'd like for you to be our surrogate mother... If your okay with that of course-" John ranted, a small smile on his face, squeezing Alexander's hand tightly; they could sense each other's nervousness. 

"You can take time to think about it- Liza, we've waited ages we can wait long enough-" Alex added in a rush.

"I dont know..." Eliza started looking at the boys and down. The boys smiles both faltered, a tight squeezes surging between their palms.

"...Why you would even think I'd say no." Eliza smiled, looking at her two best friends. She'd do anything for them. She watched with Joy as both of their faces lit up as they exchanged a wordless conversation.

"Oh My Goodness, Thanks 'Liza!" Alexander exclaimed.

"It means so much..." John finished, getting up from the table and walking around to pull Eliza's chair out. Eliza giggled as John held his hand out for her, nodding a small ''Milady.'' and escorting her to the couch. Alexander followed quickly behind practically bouncing with Joy. And so the sofa was full, Eliza in the middle with her two best friends either side of her; Death by cuddles.