Hamliza || Blessing || {Flattered Part 2}

Alexander would be heading to the Schuyler Mansion, it almost seemed like a weekly thing and sending letters a daily thing too. He couldn't get enough of Eliza and enjoyed their time together so much, he can't help but gush about her to the men back at camp. He even gave her a nickname which only he was allowed to call her, 'Besty' and he'd allow her to call him 'Alex'. As he approached the door he had a small surprise for Eliza so he hid it behind his back and knocked on the door.

Eliza rushed downstairs in delight, nearly tripping on the last step. She laughed at her eagerness and took a few seconds to catch her breath and soothe out her dress. She was wearing a light shade of pink with a white corset, it really showed her dark eyes and hair. She had her hair loose, a few pins to keep it in place. She sported a pair of white characters. She opened the door with a soft smile.

He'd smile brightly then he's mouth dropped a little once he looked at her. "Besty- You look beautiful.." He'd blush a little and admire her.

She giggled hiding her face in her hands. "Alexander! You are causing my face to turn a shade of pink!" She squealed, annoyed yet flattered.

He'd laugh. "It's true!" He'd step in the house to hug her with one arm then checked if her Father or Aunt was around before kissing her.

She melted into his arms quickly, her eyes unable to meet his as they dashed around trying to not get caught.

He'd pull away and looked down to her. "Now! I have a gift for you." He'd grab her hand and walked with her to the sitting room where they usually hanged out.

"Mr. Hamilton, You shouldn't have!"

"Well I did!" He'd sit her down and stood in front of her. "Close your eyes."

She got comfy then put her hands over her eyes, in an attempt to peak. Alex saw her trying to peak and placed one hand atop of hers to make sure she couldn't see. He'd put the a portrait of himself down on her lap then moved his hand away from her face. 

Eliza moved her hands and gasped, smiling and looking between Alex and the portrait. He'd sit beside her now and laid his head on her shoulder while looking at the portrait then looked at Eliza a little.

"Al... It's beautiful...Your beautiful..." She smiled, resting her head atop of his.

"Thank you, love. I got it done with my friend Colonel John Laurens in South Carolina."

"Oh My, Dear Laurens, How is he?" She asked, taking his hand in her own.

"He's well, but I'm afraid he is going to be staying at South Carolina longer then him and I hoped.. He was supposed to come back next week but he's saying another month now." He'd sigh and frown.

"I apologise, Dear. Im sure he will be well." She rubbed her thumb over his hand.

"Yes I know but its already been two months, beside having you I've been lonely."

"It gets lonely here too. Angelica is with her John Church and Peggy Enjoy's to be with her sweetheart." She sighed, smiling once again at the painting.

Alex smiled and leaned up. "Maybe it wouldn't be so lonely if your own sweetheart asked for your hand in marriage. With your father's blessing of course."

"Only, With fathers permission." She repeated, sighing.

He'd cup her cheek. "I know, I would never ask you to elope or anything."

She lent her head into his hand. "Good. I want everything to be done properly, Alex..."

"I know, so I do. I'd never want to hurt your name or mine.. worse.." He sighed but still tried to smile while looking at Eliza.