Hamliza || Flattered

Based Off of A Rp I did. Xoxo

Alex slowly entered the Schuyler Mansion. It was a beautiful as the men have talked about at camp. Alexander was of course greeted by some women then other Colonels and Generals, many people could tell Alexander out from the rest because of his violet eyes and beautiful ginger hair. He'd get himself a drink and was starting to smile once General Schuyler started to talk to him.

Eliza stood at the side of the ballroom, fanning herself and glancing over the ballroom; Gossiping once Angelica had mentioned Peggy and Her Sweetheart Stephen. Eliza sported a soft creme and deep blue patterned gown, her corset with tight lace stitches. She was wearing a matching pair of creme heels, her hair half up and half down, soft teased curls flowing on her shoulders.

After talking to General Schuyler for a minute a few other Colonels joined the conversation. Of course the men gushed about a women or a new command they got and Alexander didn't even have one of those things so he'd had to excuse himself from them before going off. He'd go around the room and spoke with some ladies but none really caught his eye. Soon he found himself in a conversation with the two oldest Schuyler sister's.

"Oh, Do tell us, Colonel Hamilton; Is the war effort remaining strong?" Eliza questioned, She had always had a slight taste in politics, and this war meant much to her. She was keen to help, though there wasn't much she could do. Eliza had found herself intrigued by the Colonel, his extensive knowledge range impressing her.

"Yes it is, everything has been running smoothly and we're hoping to have the war done in the next year if we have no delays." He'd nod to the women and take a sip from his champagne.

"Good!" Eliza cheered quietly, smiling. She laughed while Angelica made a witty comment but she hid behind her fan most of the time, it was improper for a lady of her status to not do as so.

After a few more minutes of talking a man stole Angelica away from them, Alexander assumed it was John Church since she mentioned that she was waiting for him that night. "Then there was two." He'c chuckle a little and now gave Eliza his full attention. "So, tell me about you. I've been talking about myself and the war our whole conversation, i don't mind but i'd love to get to know you better."

She rolled her eyes, slightly flattered but hidden behind her fan. She sighed, closing her fan abruptly and keeping it closed within her left hand. She looked up and smiled at him. "What would you like to know, Colonel, My life isn't merely as fascinating as your own."

"You're a Schuyler! I'm sure you have some amazing stories about yourself. Here, tell me something i wouldn't know from looking at you." He'd take another sip from his drink.

She pursed her lips, thinking for a moment. "Well, I am quite intellectual, I speak Dutch and French." She frowned, looking around the room for a moment.

"Really? I'm fluent in french and speak a little spanish, i've been studying spanish since i got in the war, it helps to pass time."

"Impressive, Though I fairly expected it." She nodded, then pressed her lips into a firm, fine line.

He'd chuckle and looked towards the dance floor then back to Eliza. "Well. Care to dance, Miss. Schuyler?" He'd set his drink down and put out his hand.

"You try too hard to sweep me off my feet, Mr. Hamilton." She laughed, taking his hand.

He'd laugh as he lead her to the dance floor, he brought them to the middle almost wanting people to see them. He'd place one hand on her hip, then held her other hand and soon begun to lead her into a dance.

Eliza laughed with him, Resting her head atop of his shoulder as the music faded into a slightly slower dance. She was surprised at how good he was at dancing, he was in the military.

He'd smile a bit, and felt flustered. "You look radiant by the way, Miss.Schuyler."

"I give you my gratitude, Colonel, You do look rather... dashing, yourself."

"Thank you, Miss." He'd move his hand from her hip to the middle of her back, he was getting more comfortable than he should've.

She smiled softly, only gently humming in response. Eliza closed her eyes as their feet moved in sync, She was used to this steady repeat of rhythm, and the gentle manners of a man.

After a few minutes the song ended and more people joined in to dance and some got off the floor. Alexander didn't want to move or to let go the Miss.Schuyler, he knows that he can get a little clingy to people and didn't help since he already took a liking to her even though it could be the first and last time he'd see her because of the war.

She lifted her head up as the pace picked up with the song. "Do you go to Balls Often, Mr. Hamilton?" She asked, keeping steady eye contact.

"Normally yes. I only go if a general invites me or if General Washington goes."

She nodded her head, her skirts twirling with her as she spun around with a smile.

He'd smile as well. He'd look towards the door as he some of the buddies he shown up with was starting to leave, Alex wanted to go to but stay at the same time. One soldier waved him over but Alex looked back at Eliza and blushed. "A few of my buddies, are returning in for the night. I'm sure to drink more with the ones who weren't invited or drink with the ones who weren't able to show up."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head gently. "Perhaps you ought to spend time with them." She encouraged.

".." He'd nod slowly. "I'd love to write you- And see you again if that's alright with you and your father."

"I return the same interests, The approval of my father is to be sought after but here I hand you mine." She smiled gently.

He'd smile and lead her off the dance floor. Once they were off he'd turn to her. "I enjoyed my evening, Miss." He'd grab her hand and kissed it while bowing.

"Me too..." She whispered, watching him closely.

He stood up straight but held her hand still and moved slightly closer. "I hope to see you soon."

"As do I, Farewell, Colonel Hamilton." She smiled and nodded at Him, before quickly rushing off.