Chapter 12

I DON'T OWN THE SONG OR IT'S LYRCIS

~About 6 months later

~Virgil

I had it with Roman and everyone not listening to me. I decided to stay out of the videos and way from the control room. No one would care and the voice is getting louder. I thought I could do it but I was so wrong.  I felt them trying to summon me. I refuse to move even when Roman tried to summon me. I really wanted to but I can't I won't let him mess with my feelings. I put on my headphones and pulled up my hood.

"I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save meThis all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy I need somebody to heal," I sings, trying to block out the noise, "Somebody to know Somebody to have Somebody to hold It's easy to say But it's never the same I guess I kinda liked the way you numbed all the pain," I close my eyes thinking about him. Roman was the only one who could help me see a brighter day but it would never happen.

"Now the day bleeds Into nightfall And you're not here To get me through it all I let my guard down And then you pulled the rug I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved," I sang, with a single tear slipped down. I stop. I appeared and saw them.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM!?" I screamed. All of the them screamed. I sighed angrily. Thomas start talking.

"You all just literary screamed in unison  upon seeing me," I stated annoyed. 

"For some reason I couldn't feel your present at all," Thomas said.

"Yeah I know, It's because I've decided to duck out," I said.

"Quack," Patton said.

"What? Duck out?" Thomas asked very confused.

"Quack quack," Patton said, flapping his arms.

"That's a thing that you could do," Roman asked.

"For this video," Logan said.

"I remove myself from this equation. I quite. I decided it wasn't worth it anymore," I said. Thomas asked a question on why," Well didn't seem like I was wanted. You all made that clear anytime I showed up," I said, depress.

"Wha-"

"Except you Patton. You're a funny guy," I said, pointing at him. Roman tried to explain why they where. I looked at him.

"We were just tensing up because we knew something bad would-" Roman caught himself. I throw a hand up. A few minutes later, Logan and Roman got into an argument.

"Okay it's real sweet that you all decided you want come for a visit, but if I wanted to stand around being insulted. I would've showed up in person, like I usually do," I notice a shifted in behavior in the others besides Thomas," Let's face fact... You guys are better off without me," I said.

Thomas and Logan disagree with me. Logan went on explaining why I was important to them.

"I think you are right not to want me around. I always aim to protect you, but lately it feels like I've been keeping you from doing anything," I admitted.

"If your only goal was to protect then why do you act like an embodiment of a dark and night all the time?" Roman asked, acting off. I know why they have been in here for to long. It was a matter of time but I'll wait it out. I want to know more.

"Putting on a dark persona was the best way get anyone's guard up, but all this reflecting and working on your issue with us gotten me to think that ... I over do it," I said. I looked at them and listen to them saying how good I could be. I'm think about it. About telling them my name.

"I mean it's cool to see you all trying to be helpful. Well most of you but -," I said, getting cut off.

"Anxiety, you're what pushes Thomas to rehearse and rehearse before performances. You are the nervousness that he feels right before going on stage, but just as he does so you eases up," Roman said. I looked at him thinking about it, " You let his excitement and passion to perform to take over. I think that's as good as of a sign as any that you're willing to work as a team and that you make us...better," Roman concluded. I smirked.

"Uh oh,"

"Uh, What the heck is going on?" Thomas asked, while the other are trying to us over the curve.

"These guys have all been here for too long. It's corrupting them. All their main function are trying to drive you to the other side of the curve, " I stated.

"What?"

"Hang on. we're going to get them all out of here. Thomas, remember what you've learned," I said. Thomas did as I said and we all got out of my room and back to the real world, "That  was a really risky thing you guys did," I said, looking at all of them, worried. Thomas said something and I replied.

"You recused me," Roman said, fixing his suit.

"Yeah, well... Fight or flight, am I right," I said, rubbing my neck. Logan continue to explain why I am important to the group. We continue to talked about things. Thomas is about to end the video but I think it's time.

"Wait," I said, "Oh boy, I'm actually considering it," I said, pacing.

"what?" Thomas asked. Patton said something.

"Actually on the subject of my name," I said, messing up my hair.

"No misleading or pranks?" Thomas asked.

"No, not this time. Why did we have to have a heartfelt moment?" I whispered, "My name is... my name is... Virgil, " I said, looking down at the ground. I looked up really quick and saw that they were starring. I regret it.

"I like it," I heard Thomas said.

"Me too," Patton agreed. Logan nodded. I glance at Roman. He just stared. I looked down and sunk down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey guys. I did pull some line from Accepting Anxiety pt2  and the song is call someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi