Chapter 29, the Finally

"Did thee even love her? Or did thee never want to be alone?!"
"..."
"She hasn't awoke in days...and its all thous fault!"
"My fault?! I-"
"She was the only light in this kingdom, her people adored her!"
"..."
"...thou felt alone, thou felt cold, thou felt lust, but thou didn't have to break the thing thou and everyone around us cherishes! God! I am suppose to be thy Duke, thy right hand man, but, I have to sit here and play fucking daycare!"
"I didn't break her!"
"Oh? Well then who did? She is injured fatally, most likely will have ptsd, depression, anxiety, and a bunch of other shit because thou couldn't resist her. Now thou will be in court, death penalty may be the righteous solution, and of course, thou is already dethroned."
"..."
"Lucky for the Darkener Realm, Y/N will be our one and only ruler."

Familiar voices filled the room, you could hear two people arguing, one clearly winning the argument. You felt oddly warm, you felt thin sheets over your body, along with what felt like a medical gown. The smell of coffee and sanitary wipes filled the room. You felt an aching pain in your neck, along with your wrists. You fluttered your eyes open, you were in the castle medical room. You looked over to your wrist, a brace on each of your small wrists, you could see the bruises trailing up your arms. You narrowed your brows and sighed 'Why me?' You softly groaned as you felt the kink in your neck again. "S...she's awake!" Rouxls familiar voice chimed happily. You heard a rush of fast footsteps before you saw Rouxls stand on the side of your cot, looking down at you with teary eyes. He smiled brightly, he placed his hand on your cheek lovingly, his hands felt warm. "I'm so joyous that thou has finally awaken." He spoke softly. "I-...thank you, y-you saved me." Your voice was gravely, you tried to sound sincere as possible. You could feel your chapped lips crease into a warm smile. "Anything for thou, my queen." He said nobly. "...Do you know if I have any specific injuries?" You asked meekly. "Ah, just spraining your wrists, you do have a couple bruises." He stated.

You heard the door creak open softly, you looked up at Rouxls who stared at the doorway in disgust. You had no intention of sitting up or moving, since your whole body ached intensely. "Don't thou step near her" Rouxls growled protectively, still staring at whoever was standing in the doorway. You narrowed your brows in confusion. "She's my wife, I need to make sure she's okay!" A deep voice whisper yelled. Rouxls looked down at you for a moment before looking over at the person again, he clicked his tounge sassily. "Fine, make it quick and don't think I'm leaving." Rouxls sneered, he obviously did not like whoever was trying to see you. Suddenly loud footsteps crashed into the floor swiftly, and in a snap, Spades stood at your beside, across from Rouxls. He looked down at you with a sorry smile. "Dearest..." He mumbled. You felt your mouth become dry, your eyes burned with tears. You where left speechless. He tried to put his hand on yours, you swiftly snatched your hand from his and evil eyed him. You narrowed your eyebrows before you felt hot tears roll down your cheeks. "Don't touch me..." You bit coldly. You scooted over to Rouxls, he protectively placed a hand on your shoulder. "Y/N, please...another chance?" He asked you desperately. You felt your jaw drop, then you let out a small chuckle. "You hit me, almost raped me, and now you have the audacity to walk up in here and ask for another chance? Do you even care about my well being? I just..I can't with you Spades." You said harshly. You stared him down with glossy angry eyes. "...B-but I...I love you Y/N, so, so much." He failed to persuade you. "Yeah, I thought I did too. Well, can't wait to see you behind bars." You said coldly, glaring at him. He opened his mouth to say something, but he closed it. He sighed softly before exiting the room.

You wiped the tears from your eyes and sighed sorrowfully. You laid back down and folded your hands on your chest before you looked up at Rouxls. "Are my children okay?" You asked softly. "Lancer and Ace? Yes, thy children aren't informed about the incident." Rouxls said, his facial features softening in sincerity.  "Well, there's one good thing that will come out of this." Rouxls said warmly, a small sorry smile curved on his lips as he cupped your cheek. "Hmm?" You hummed, wondering what he was going to say. "Spades shan't be the awful tyrant he was, thy is now the only ruler in the Darkener Realm. Spades has already been dethroned." He said softly, his smile brightening. You softly chuckled and looked up at him with starry eyes, you placed your hand on top of his. "Thank you."

Three months later...

Rouxls P.O.V

I stand across the ballroom, the lights fading from one color to another. It's been months after Y/N's and Spades divorce, she has now been crowned Queen of the Darkener realm and the only ruler. At the moment, Spades sat alone in his jail cell in the dungeon, he deserves more punishment than just sitting in silence for eternity. Just to celebrate, Y/N is hosting a huge party, the party started an hour ago, the Darkeners all gathered to dance, she hasn't even started to dance yet.

I take a sip from my wine glass, my eyes set on Y/N. She sat at a table alone in the corner, her pink lips pressed upon her glass. She wore a black and white suit, I've never seen her wear such clothing, but it definitely fits her. I watch as her eyes press together, she seems tired.

I set my wine glass down on the nearest table and adjust my jacket before going over to her.

Your P.O.V

You sat alone at a table, you felt eyes gazing upon you from all directions, but you still ignored it. It's been awhile since you've been together with Spades, you aren't exactly happy at the moment, you weren't really over him anyways. You wish that this never happened, you are suppose to celebrate this moment, but you simply can't. You wished you where with him, the old him, if there even was an old him. You sighed softly and rested your hand around your wine glass.

"My Queen?" You heard Rouxls soft voice call out for you. Your gaze quickly settled on him, he stood infront of you and had a warm smile. You uncurled your hand from your glass and sighed softly. "Yes?" You asked calmly. "Won't thou dance?" He said, his hand extended towards you for the taking. You scanned his gloved hand, he really just wanted to dance. "A dance?" You chuckled softly. "Of course! It is a party after all, and I haven't seen thou even greet guests," He said, a small tone of voice,"So won't thy celebrate this time and dance with me?" You stared and his hand again before smiling lightly. You placed your hand on his and looked into his navy eyes. "Fine, but just this one time."

Timeskip

It was well after the party, people where leaving and some Darkeners where helping clean up the mess. Your legs where sore after dancing with Rouxls, who knew he could be such a riot.

Your shoes tapped against the concrete stairs, you walked down into the dimly lit dungeon. You sighed softly, your fingers wrapped around the paper plate of cake. The lights flickered dimly as you reached the door of the dungeon. A Hathy stood at the door, guarding it with a stone face, they looked at you in confusion. "Your majesty, why are you dwelling at this time of day?" They asked you. It was after midnight, but you just simply smiled and exhaled. "I just wanted to visit someone." You replied calmly. "Don't you need protection to visit....our former King?" They asked, their voice in a lower whisper. You shook your head. "Very well." They muttered before opening the door to the dungeon.

A gush of cool air hit your face as you looked around the dungeon, moss grew from the floors and cracks in the walls. You hummed a small tune that echoed throughout the dim place.

You pressed your hands against the bars of the cell he sat in, he didn't notice you, his back faced you. You narrowed your eyebrows with slight anger. You felt a bubbling rage inside of you for his past actions, but you pushed it aside. You took a small step forward. "Who's there?" His dark voice grumbled. "...Just me." You answered warmly. He looked over his shoulder with curious eyes, his face lit up as soon as he saw you, he turned around and faced you. "Y/N." He mumbled. You sighed softly before shaking your head, you where shocked that he even 'cared'. You slid the plate of cake from the party underneath the bars. He picked up the cake in confusion. "Why? Don't you hate me? Aren't you angry?" He asked. "Sure but...id rather celebrate this moment of freedom for myself, take this as a lesson Spades, love yourself."

Timeskip

You laid in your bed without feeling weight on your shoulders anymore. You where finally free again. And nothing was your fault.

Maybe, just maybe....

You loved yourself.

The end.