Chapter 3

I soon joined Nova at the kitchen after unpacking what little I had. I sat down and started poking at some runny eggs. "hey, what'd that egg do to you?" She smiles and says to me. "you seem to have quite the humor." I answer back. She shrugs. "Beats being sad all the time. Speaking of sad, what's got you down?" She asked me in a surprisingly concerned tone. I've never really had anyone care about what I feel. I set the fork down and decide I'm not hungry. "I just.. I don't know. I'm adjusting to new changes." I answer back while getting up to wash my plate. "Hey Nova! Ooh, who's the new girl?" A female walks into the kitchen with a smile. But that smile doesn't fade when she sees me. "I- I'm Luna. Nice to meet you." I held out my hand for her to shake. She is a blonde with a streak of blue in her hair. She has brown eyes and a nice smile. "my name's Kassie. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." She takes my hand and shakes it. "Kassie stop being overexcited and intimidating to Luna." Nova said to Kassie. "I'm noooot this is just how I am." "Just, don't weird her out." She sighed and went back to what she was doing. "come with me! I'm gonna show you around and introduce you to some people. Don't be nervous though, we're all nice." She smiles and is already guiding me away from Nova. She takes me up the stairs and we pass some rooms. A guy stops and says hi to Kassie, then he looks at me.
"who's she?" He points at me with his thumb. She rolls her eyes. "You can be so rude sometimes Mergin. This, is Luna. The newest addition. She just came this morning." He smiles at me. "hello Luna, the names Mergin." He surprisingly pulls me into a welcoming hug. "Hi Mergin." I slightly wave, awkwardly of course. "Well, I need to go check on Nova. Cause, you never know what she's doing. You know what I mean Kass." He chuckled and walked off. I looked at Kassie. "What does he mean?" Kassie looked at me for a second. Her face went a little grim. She started walking again avoiding my question. "Kassie." I stopped her by the shoulder. "I'm not gonna be the one to tell you. Nova should." My mouth dropped a little. Kassie started walking again. I followed her until we stopped at someone's door. Kassie knocked three times and yelled. "c'mon out! I want to introduce you to someone! She's nice don't worry." I heard footsteps shuffling towards the door and soon someone opened it. It was a female. She was a little shorter then me and she was darker skinned. I smiled when I noticed she had a bedhead. "Not much of a morning person are you?" I asked. She smiled back and shook her head. "not really, but nice to meet you. I'm Azzy." I'm starting to get used to introducing myself at this point. "I'm Luna." She nodded. "welcome to the House of the Unique." She shakes my hand. "Well, do you guys mind if I tag along? I need to wake up some more and I'd probably go back to sleep if I was in my room. "Sure" said Kassie. "Let's go." I started to think for a moment. "Uh, guys, actually. I think I want to start exploring by myself. I'll catch up with you later." I then left to go back down the stairs to find Nova. To find out what she may be hiding.