Chapter 10

After Eretria was done reading what we read, she set the book down on the living room coffee table and rubbed her eyes. Then, she looked up at us. "I'm going after her." Green was sitting next to me, he looked concerned. "What? Are you sure about this? If that place makes even Nova cry.. then I'm not sure it'd be safe to go." Eretria took him by the shoulders and looked at him. "I make you in charge of my office while I'm gone. Will you be able to do that?" His face lit up, but then it fell again. "I hope you know I'm not supporting this.." he said softly, rubbing his arm. Eretria smiled. "I know you don't." She then turned to me. I started nervously fidgeting. "No need to be nervous, as I said before. I will be your mother and your mentor. I will make you in charge of protecting the house." I gasp. "What? But I barely started training!" I said. Kassie chimed in. "She's right. She just started.. buut. We all know she can't do it alone. Therefore I'll join her in the protection. That's what Nova wanted right? Well now she gets it." She locked her arm in mine. I smiled at her. Then I felt someone do it with my other arm. I look to see Green looking at me. "Let's go Unique!" I smiled at him, then Azzy locked arms with Kassie. "Woo! What he said. We're all in this together." Mergin came out of the kitchen and locked arms with Green. "I'd be more than happy to join." I smiled at the small group we've already formed. Then I look back at Eretria. "Well, I think you got your protectors right here. I'm sure the others will join also." Eretria looked so happy. "I am proud of you. I will bring a few things with me. Mergin, would you mind grabbing a bag from my desk?" Mergin nods and is already heading upstairs. "No prob Bob." "Are you sure you're going alone?" Green said, once again. Eretria nodded.  "I have been living on this planet for eons. my life would not matter. yours does, therefore I shall go. not you." Green was gonna argue with her but Eretria shushed him. Finally someone else said something, coming down the stairs. "I'll keep my spell as strong as ever, meaning I'll light some lavender smoke as I do." Sam smiled at Eretria. The smile was as big in return. "Good idea, we need all the power and protection we can scavenge." She then looked back at the rest of us, a slight look of regret in her eyes. "I will miss you all greatly, though I will not leave one of us behind. Hence why I'm going after her. I will have trust in you. If.. Azazel is to come. Fight back with your heart's not your head." We all nod. Some had started tearing up, fear for what was to come.  Though confidence was in the room. "Luna, I'm going to need you for the portal. The elements are strong. Best to use them cautiously." I nod but stutter when I ask. "How'd you know I had those powers?" Eretria smiled softly at me. "It shines bright within you when you're confident. Like bright lights you gaze at upon the stars above. Come, follow me into the garden." She did a moving hand motion and I started walking outside with her. I waved a quick good-bye to my confused friends faces.

When we were in the garden it was as beautiful as ever. It looks as if it just rained, making the garden have a sort of soft look. The flowers dancing in the breeze. Eretria went to a fire pit, it was moist and mushy. No condition to make any fire in there. I looked at Eretria, wondering why she'd need me. "Stand right there." She pointed to a spot by the fire while she grabbed stuff from her bag. I moved quickly and watched as she pulled out a bind of something and a lighter. She then pulled out some sort of necklace. She put it on herself and turned to me. "How good can you control the elements?" "I- i don't know. I can probably do them okay." Eretria nodded. "This may be complex for you. But we need to bring out the element spirit for this." I was surprised at what she said. "There's an element spirit?" Eretria started to light the bind. "Well, yes. Normally elementals who come from broken childhoods have the best control over it. Escuse me for I and Nova's friendly banter. She informed me on your place in the woods where you used to go. When things in your home were.. uncivilized." I looked at her, trying not to think of my dad and start bawling. I nodded. "Yeah, things weren't the happiest." She blew the bind out and soft smoke started to fill the air. "This is a lavender sage bind. Used for cleansing and protection. I will need this while we perform what we need to do. I also have a necklace of turquoise. For the extra protection we'll need."  "How would I.. control Spirit. I only have two of the five down. I'm not sure I can control it instantly." Eretria set the smoking bind on a stump. "It will come to you. As most ideas do. Just focus on your center. Here, we shall do it together." She took my hand in hers and she closed her eyes. I followed her steps and closed mine. "Element spirit, we call to you. Through this child's affinity for you. May the element spirit aid us in this practice.. your connection everywhere can make a portal to another planet where our friend is. I must go, for I shall get her back. Aid me on this quest. Protect me." As Eretria kept going on, we walked around the pit. Soon it was ablaze because all of my elements have manifested. Air, Fire, Water, Earth, and Spirit. I felt powerful. In control. It felt as if my hair was floating. My spirit felt as if it was floating. Soon me and Eretria opened our eyes. The fire had a soft tinge of purple. It was beautiful. Eretria then turned to me. "The portal is open. I have to go. Just know.. I have faith in you all. You are stronger together then you are apart. We will make it out of this." Eretria then walked into the fire. At first I was concerned but she seemed fine. And slipped in. She's done this before. I said in my head. I started feeling the absence of my elements. First went fire, then earth, water, air, and spirit. I felt drained, like most of my life was sucked out of me. I felt something touch me. I looked up to see Azzy's hand on my shoulder. With Mergin, Green, and Kassie by her. "We all know what it's like to use your powers for the first time. Sucks doesn't it?" Kassie smiled, I smiled back and hugged her. "Let's get you inside. You've seen enough craziness for one day. We just gotta let Eretria do her job." Green laughed and chimed something in. "Nothing here is normal with the Unique around. This place could well be an insane asylum." I laughed softly. "So be it. If I'm protecting an insane asylum then y'all better be wearing your straight jackets." They all laughed. That was the rest of our night, laughing and trying to forget the negatives in our lives. Too bad they had no idea what would come up.