Chapter 5

"of course, why?" I replied softly. Nova got a little nervous but stood firm. "it's not pretty Luna. This world is filled with dark things and secrets. I'm one of them. You see, I'm not from here.. more like an alien actually. I had this team. We'd kill. Luna.. that's how we.." she looked down. "ate. When our hunger got the best of us we turned into monsters and eat villagers children." I couldn't hide the gasp that came from my mouth. "You, what?" I ask her in disbelief. She covers her face in shame and leans against the wall for support. "I know it's not right okay? I.. changed." My hands start to shake.  She's eaten children? I find it harder and harder to believe this. She's the protector of this house? But how? Then I remember what she told Mergin. "needs to know what Mergin? My past? So she can't feel safe around me? This houses only protector against Azazel? Fuck no Mergin. She needs to not know so she can trust me. Because she can." Her words swim around in my mind. I shake my head softly and rub my face hard with my hands. I decide not to let my trust slip. "Nova.." I take a big gulp. "It's okay." I put a hand on her shoulder. I also force her to look at me. A lot of tears are running down her cheeks. "I see that you've changed. As you said you need me to trust you in order to protect this house, right? Well here I am. I trust you. In fact, I'm going to help protect everyone. You can't do it alone right? Well now you've got me by your side." A glint of hope shines in Nova's eyes. She hugs mer hard and is already guiding me outside. "C'mon, we're going to start training now. We need you to be as strong as possible. Plus, I wanna see those powers of yours." She smiles at me whilst we walk down a stone pathway towards a garden. My cheeks flush a little and I smile back. "Why are we going to the garden? Isn't the training room inside?" I say to her, a little curious. "well, your powers have always been outside right? I'm pretty sure it won't work in that musty room." She answers as we finally reach it. The garden is beautiful. Filled with all the flowers you can imagine. Daisies, roses, posies, and all of the above. There was a fountain far off to the right, leaving a nice grassy field for us to train in.
Nova cracks her knuckles and takes a big breath. "Been a long time since I've been here." She said softly. She then shook herself and looked at me with a smile. "okay! Show me what you got kid." I nod and look around with a face of concentration. The first thing I spot is a pile of leaves. I smile at Nova confidently and snap my fingers. Soon, the leaves start moving around my head, swirling into it's own unique shapes. Then, I move it around the whole garden in a fast motion. Nova has a look of amazement on her face. "okay okay! Drop em." I nod and put them back into a pile. She tapped her fingers. "Have you tried doing and other element?" She asked me. I look at her in confusion. "What? There's different kinds?" I answer. "Of course, you didn't think you just had that did you? People who control the elements are more emotional based people. Emotions control power. Well, if you use it the right way." She shrugs. "How many? What kinds are they? Do I have a stronger one?" I ask with excitement. "It all depends on you Luna. Let's start with.. water. Try and make the water in the fountain move." I face the fountain to my right. I then close my eyes and try to focus. Who knew how this would work out.