Chapter 12

"LUNA OPEN THE PORTAL" that scream shook me awake. I got up and started shoving on clothes. I didn't even have enough time to think clearly, just act. As I ran through the halls Azzy and Kassie caught up to me when they saw me running down the hallway. "Why the hell are you running Luna? It's 5 am in the damn morning!" Kassie groaned trying to get my attention. "The only thing I said before b-lining down the stairs was. "Eretria's in trouble" Kassie and Azzy gasped, and started rushing towards the kitchen to find Green and Mergin while I prepare the fire. I quickly grabbed some sage and lavender from the porch and went towards the garden. Soon enough we all were groggy but we're gathered by the fire pit. I looked around the group. I nodded at them. "I'll need assistance with the elements. Last night I was researching them. Anyone can help with the casting, just someone needs to have an affinity. Here.. Green you'll assist me with the first element air." He nodded and stood beside me. I pre-taught them about the elements if a thing like this were to occur. He knew exactly what to do. "Element air.. we call to you. You are what we first meet when we get the first taste of life. You are what keeps us alive, the base of us all. I thank you and will ask you to join our circle." Around us blew a quiet wind. Filling the air with a sense of coolness. "Azzy, you're fire. Stand beside me." Azzy quickly shuffled beside me. She started saying out loud what we rehearsed. "Element fire, I call to you tonight. You are what burns within us, gives us passion and honor. I thank you and will ask you to join this circle." A warmth greeted the cold air, though didn't burn it out. It felt comforting, like coming inside after a light snow. I turned to Kassie. "You're water Kassie, c'mon up." She stood beside Green and didn't hesitate whilst saying her lines. "Element water, I ask you to join our circle. You are what cleanses up, purifies us and makes us new. I ask you to join this circle." As you may expect, I felt a rush of water in my toes, I could practically smell the salty ocean. I look at Mergin and nod, he comes by Azzy. "Element earth I call you to this circle. You keep us grounded and firm. I ask you to join this circle." We all got a big whiff of summer, playing in the grass and laughing. Finally, it was time for spirit. I closed my eyes and centered myself. "Spirit, I call you to this circle. You are what makes us who we are, the very fabric of us, our decisions and reactions. I ask you to join this circle." I felt a rush of emotions enter me. It was amazing. Feelings such as passion, gratitude, excitement, all of it. I took a deep breath and centered myself on the unlit pit. I locked eyes with Azzy and she smiled. The pit lit. Making a fiery cracking blaze. It then turned purple due to the elements. Not long after Eretria appeared out of the portal running out of it. "Luna, close it now!" I quickly said goodbye to the elements and blew out the candles and the fire burned out. I then turned to Eretria. Before I thought she was a fragile old woman. But she looks like she's been through everything. Cuts on her face and scrapes on her knees. Bandages everywhere. Eretria moved to the side and then I realized something. There was a little girl with her! She must have grabbed her when she ran through the portal.