Chapter 14

I sighed and rubbed my face sitting in the dining room with books upon books. "Theres nothing in these books about Nova's planet! I can't find anything." I groaned frustrated and half slammed my head on the table. "Woah woah Luna relax. Did you try reading more of Nova's journal?" He said pulling a seat next to me. I froze, then looked up at him. "Green you genius why didn't I think of that!" I started fumbling through my pocket for the journal. "Aha!" I said in victory and pulled it out. "Here it is, our most valuable information as of now."I started skimming through the pages as Green was watching me. Both of our faces went pale at the things Nova described. "That's.. so, bad." Green shuddered. "Who is Nebula? He cheated on her or something?" I said confused as to why no one knows any of this. Green shrugged. "I don't know either. Nova really keeps those things quiet." I close the book and got up. "Maybe we don't need to know facts and just train physically. The planet can't be that bad can it?" I said nervously biting my lip. "Considering the state Eretria came back in.." Green said looking off to the side. "it's that bad. We could all die." I sighed. "I knew it. This is a suicide mission. So glad Eretria put me in charge." Green frowned. "I'm sure she put you in this position for a reason. You just have to take charge of the situation and get over it." I nodded and hugged Green. He seemed like he didn't expect it but eventually hugged back. "Y'know.. you'll feel better on a full stomach......"

                      •Timeskip•

An hour or two later we're all sitting at the table eating. Mergin, Green, Kassie, and Azzy.

"Have you gathered anything useful from that journal?" Mergin said shoving spaghetti into his mouth. I was barely eating as I kept skimming through the pages. "I don't know.. I mean we know this dude named Nebula exists. He wasn't the best towards Nova. And she had a commander? It's all just random entries. No actual information about the planet." I put the journal down and looked at him. "Maybe there's something we're missing. Something we haven't discovered yet." Kassie suggested. I shrugged. "Maybe, but-" then suddenly Azzy jumped up. Which is suprising because she was still angry about yesterday. "Omega!!" I looked at her confused. "Ohegawagga?" She tried to hold a laugh in when she heard what I said. "Omega, Nova's bike. That thing is like a bestfriend to her. It has to have something on it." Green smiled and cracked his knuckles. "Leave this to me you noobs, I'm the tech guy here. That is advanced technology and I can handle it. Nova wouldn't let me near it. Now's my chance." He said proudly standing up. Kassie started snickering then did Azzy and soon did Mergin. Green frowned. "What? You all are just jealous of my skills." Mergin nodded in response. "Sure. Remember that one time you tried to," he put in quotation marks. ""Fix the toilet?"" Greens face went pink. " that was one time! I didn't understand clearly how plumbing and technology function together." Kassie kept snickering. "Clearly. I mean, seeing the aftermath was hilarious." I balled my fist up, frustrated. "Guys! Focus. We're leaving tomorrow and you all are 5 year olds with your potty humor. There are more important things to be discussed." Kassie frowned a little. "Chill it dude. I mean were trying to be at ease for our last moments before this and you being a ball of stress isn't helping. Come relax." Kassie said crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair. I was even more pissed. How could she relax when our friend is a child murderer at the moment? We have a limited time to figure out what our plan is and this is how she chooses to spend it. Suddenly a wind blew around the table. It wasn't friendly like it was before. It was agitated. I looked up to see my friends frightened faces. "Wh- what? Why are you all staring at me?" The winds died down, the only remnance was my ruffled hair. "Luna.. your powers are controlled by your emotions. Things can get out of control really easy if you can't control them." Mergin said taking a sip from his soda can. I unclenched my fist and nodded. "I just.. Eretria for some reason put me in charge of this mission. And I want to do it right. Learning the best strategies I feel is the best way to get Nova back. As she's a freaking galactic warrior and I'm some girl with powers. I feel out magicked if that's a saying." I shook my head. Azzy looked at me with a softened face. "Luna.. Eretria didn't set you up with this position alone. All of us came together to help. We're in this together. Nova would want that." She said and took my hand. I smiled a little and thought. What am I even thinking? Of course we can do this. We'll do this together. As a team and a family. "I guess the stress got to me. We can do this. We can get our friend back." Everyone nodded and cheered. Soon the ground started to shake. Something was off. Not right. "What's happening? What's going on?" Kassie said getting up from her chair. Green ran to the window and gasped. "What the fuck? Something is forming outside. Let's go check it out." He said then grabbed his coat already running out the door. I unsheathed my sword I had been practicing with and ran outside. Soon we all were standing outside, still behind Sam's magic barrier. Then suddenly two people emerged. A guy and a person with a hood over their head. Everyone else gasped. "Azazel! And who the hell is that?" The presumed Azazel guy chuckled. "We've come to take what's ours. Sam knows who it is." He said in a sickening way. Kassie clenched her hand. "You won't get him! He's a part of this family and we aren't giving him up." He laughed again and looked down at her. "I like you. Too bad your life is going to end. Today." He unsheathed his own sword. I ran in front of Kassie to protect her, as I'm the one with a sword. "You arent going to hurt her. Not while I exist." Azazel laughed again, practically in tears. "You? A lousy nobody? You're a new one. I haven't seen you before. It's gonna be fun learning what you have in store." He was going to swing until something stopped him. Someone stopped him. "Enough Azazel. You don't want to start another battle you're going to loose do you?" Eretria said from the doorway, looking old and powerful. I smiled a little imagining in my mind her kicking Azazel's ass. I then looked back at him. He was pissed. "You won't beat me again woman! Not this time. These kids won't save you. Not unless I kill them first with my.. friends." His laugh was cold and menacing. Soon the ground started shaking again. The portal became bigger and bigger. Demon like things started running out. Bloodthirsty and lethal. Then I looked up with a sharp fear of terror as the person next to Azazel revealed who they were.