Chapter 15, the end?

I covered my mouth in shock seeing who was there beside Azazel. It was Nova. The person who I was going to fight beside. Now suddenly against the whole house? Everyone gasped. Silence filled the area. Then came a laugh, dark and lifeless. Nova's laugh. "Why are you all suprised?" She said. "Who else would be working with him. Who else would be smart enough to go against Eretria? I would. We're going to vanquish this home and anyone who has ever dared set one foot on it's property. Tonight." Nova started slowly rising, her cloak flowing as she does. She looked angry, powerful, powerfully angry. It shook me to my core but I needed to stand up or nothing would get done. "Nova.." I said with a strong gaze. "If I have to protect this house with you going down with Azazel, I won't hesitate to beat your treasoning ass!" All I heard was silence, then more laughing. I was getting sick of it. I felt air flowing angrily around me, lifting up my hair and making my clothes move a little. I took my longsword and started slashing demons. One by one. Then everyone started joining. I heard gunshots and the sound of high pitched last breath screetching. It was from the demons. This was all madness, and a trusted friend was part of it. It made me even or angry, throwing demons against trees and underground with my wind ability. I heard a voice in my head. Why even try? You know you can't defeat me, I've committed myself to Azazel, there's no stopping us. "Get out of my head Nova!" I yell and keep fighting. There's no use in getting distracted. Oh but it's so fun. I let her distract me and I turn to look up to her, shortly after a demon kicks me off my feet and I smack to the bloody ground with a oof! It grabs me by the shoulders and screams in my face, I've never saw such a horrifying face. It looked burnt off, it's loose skin flapping as it screetched. It was about to slit my throat before some blurry figure kicked it off and shot its head. No dying scream was left behind. I blinked a couple times to see Azzy in front of me with a hand out to help me up. I gladly take it and thank her. I only get a moment before I see something in the distance, two people in the distance. A double edged sword connecting to a throat, slicing off the head with a clean swipe. "NOOOOOOOOO!" I scream from across the field. I almost fall to my knees, struck by shock. But I stay up, and in the corner of my eye I catch Nova's cocky grin. That. Pissed. Me. Off. Something flew under me, a strong wind, something you'd get from a bad storm. I started to lift with it, my hair moving with the winds and my eyes glowing a little. So I moved to Nova, now face to face with her. This was it, I was going to avenge the person Azazel just killed in front of me. I was so struck by grief I didn't even have time to think clearly. I just swung my sword towards Nova. But she caught it with hers. Not a mark was left on her. "You're fighting is useless Luna, why even try?" She said coldly, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. "There's always something, someone to fight for. You've seemed to lose that the moment you left." I said and kept swinging blows, her catching every time. She had years of practice with hand held weapons. And I only had months. The fight seemed unbalanced but then it clicked. I summoned water and slammed Nova against a tree, locking her in. Then I asked for fire and warmed the water up, making it very painful to move. I asked for earth to open a hole beneath her, if she would drop she would plummet to her death. Air to support the water. And spirit to guide the trees into pointing their sticks at her. She growled and hissed, dropping her sword down into the bottomless pit under her. Anything she tried was useless. So she surrendered, bowing her head. "You've won" she said softly. I almost couldn't hear her. I somehow grew sympathy and flew to her, lifting her chin with my finger to look at me.
"Rule number one Nova, always, stay focused." I say with a soft smile. There was a look of pain, loss and regret on her face. Somehow mixing all three. "I won't kill you." I said honestly. Nova looked at me in confusion, but hope. "Why?" She said. "A monster would kill you. I am not a monster. But you will learn quickly after this war that nothing will be the same for you ever again." I said coldly, no friendly Luna. I felt anxious and scared, tired and broken. Like I was a thousand years older than I actually am. She nodded, easy tears slipping down her cheeks. I was done with her. For now. And now was the time to face Azazel. It seemed everyone was mostly done with the horrific demons that stormed the house. Guns and swords cutting, shooting, banging. Blood pouring everywhere. We only have one death count. The named to be revealed later. But now was a time to face Azazel. And I was content for it.