Chapter 14 - What Happened?

Sophia's P.O.V:

"How did father find out", I sighed frustrated. He always finds out sooner or later, that's my father for you. I hope he won't tell the boss or else I'm dead meat, He will go crazy like hell, although I'm like a daughter to Superman, He always cared for me, even through our toughest time when mother was battling her sickness and he asked my father to train the recruits for the Justice League, so I had a opportunity to join the League's Special Force (LSF). What if Ryan will come after me, Oh man, if he does I'm dead meat aswell, even with Lois. Why do I always do this... It's for my safety and my family's aswell, so I have to do this. Or else Lux will find them and kill them. My real suicide father will also kill them just to get to me. 

I was at my grandmother's beach house near Camp's Bay, We arrived hours later from the airport and now she's making tea and her famous lemon meringue pie for me. She always makes me those if I'm down or have somethings in mind. She knows when I'm down, I swear mothers and grandmothers have their special powers to trigger our most troubled stuff. They always get you to talk. 

I was on the balcony gazing at the waves while the wind blew a cool wind while  she brought the pie and  tea outside and puts them on the table and poured me some tea. "La mia rosa, You don't have to hide all the time... We are alright, you don't have to protect us we have the government for that, although they are sometimes useless, but I don't care, I can take them down with my skills from my self defense classes".

"I know Nanna, but seriously. I need to figure out why he wants to kill me" I sighed and looked at the waves and Nanna left me to enjoy the breeze while she got ready for her yoga class on the beach. 

Later that night my phone rang and it's the boss, oh dear, it's now or never. "Hello sir", "Sophia, Are you alright, Where are you at the moment?", Must I give him my location or not. Soon Nanna came in and gave me the signal to tell him, she knew him, they are very close friends. "Sir i'm at home, my real home". 

~ 6 months later ~

Running, that's all I've been doing... Running from my life or Running from the fact that my real father is  a psychopathic man. Thoughts started to surround my mind, how Ryan is handling at the HQ, running the force alone without me, darn I should've run home... But it was for my safety, but to be hones, I broke his promise. "No more running rose". I still hear his voice inside my head all these months. I stopped alongside the coast and looked at the waves and went near the sea and sat on the sand while starring at the waves and my mind took over once again.

~ 6 months ago ~

"Ok Agent Young, You can work from there and you need to rest aswell, don't overwork yourself on this case, you still need to be safe. We will send you some recruits and we organized a building where you guys will work and it will be near your grandmother's home, don't worry". Superman told me over the phone and sighed "You know that Ryan will be worried Sophia, what must we tell him, he will find out sooner or later". "I know boss, I just need to work this out by myself for now, just don't say anything where I am please, I don't want him to feel sorry for me. Also thank you for the opportunity to work for you boss" I sighed and I'm grateful to him and Lois, without them father and I would have been on the streets.

"He will find you and never leave you again Sophia, he loves you" I couldn't believe it, he really does love me, but... I feel guilty for leaving him at my apartment, God, I imagine how he dealt with me gone. I'm starting to worry now. Suddenly i hear him in the background of his father's phone "Sophia...Sophie, please..where are you". I hanged up the phone and tears started to fall out of my eyes.

Tears started to come out on their own and I wiped them away as fast as possible. I got up from the sand and jogged home to do what I should have done months ago. I arrive at my grandmother's home and run threw the door and close it with my foot and went into the shower to wash the sweat and tears away. 20 minutes has past and I'm drying myself off and change into a grey crop top with a grey long sweatpants with a messy bun as my style and sat on the balcony and watched as the waves crashed alongside the rocks. I decided that it's time for what I should've done already, I knew that he will come, I know him to well.

I took my jacket and my car keys off the table and went into my car drive to the airport. My grandmother already arranged my jet to go back to Metropolis. As I drove alongside the coast, I parked my car at the beach and entered a little beach park and sat there and taking the last breeze of Cape Town's wind and looked at the sunset one last time before I go back to Metropolis. As I looked at the sunset, a large figure from a mile away stands in a distance looking at me, and I knew, The figure walked at my direction while I stood up and couldn't believe it, He came all this way, even though I'm on my way back to him. He looks tired and he has a stubble beard. "Ryan...I can explain I-" He interrupted me with his lips on mine and I took it in and kissed back.

He broke the kiss and looked deeply in my eyes, I was suprised at what he said  to me.

"What Happend?".