here's the oneshot! :D

i have nowhere else to post this so here it is - the non canon alternative universe onshot to breathin' that I mentioned a chapter ago lmao
started writing: oct 11 | finished writing: nov 06 

Deep. That is how Bryan Cade has fallen for the gay boy that sits in a few desks to the left of him. He never really trusted this feeling of love but ever since the two moved to the same school - Bryan felt the need to protect Alex, not bully him like he used to.

The boy who Bryan has a crush on is the one and only Alex Spofford - navy black curls falling into his face, forest green eyes as bright as the stars, pale skin as white as snow, and oh shit! Alex caught him staring! Fuck!!

Bryan's unnatural grey eyes turned their focus back to the topic of some biology.

"Your hands are shaking, Cade." Michael Truff, one of Bryan's trusty friends - note the sarcasm - mentions as he chuckles at the obvious stares the leader of the bullies gave his victim. "Thinking of beating the shit out of him later on?"

"Y-yeah..." the dark crimson haired sixteen-year old hesitantly stutters while ignoring eye contact with his mates.

Jared Micht, the final piece in the squad, nudges Bryan's shoulder. "Come on, Bryan! It will be like last time - just this time it will be more permanent abuse."

A distant ringing of a school bell goes off indicating the end of the day, and the start of a huge betrayal.

The three boys walk out of the classroom, keeping eyes open for the average height male they want to torture. Alex was about to walk past the boys bathroom when he suddenly felt a tight grip on his wrist dragging him into the bathroom and down onto the dirty floor.

"Look what we got here, a small kitten trying to run his way back home?" The blonde haired Michael walks closer to their victim.

"Looks like he'll have to wait till we're done with him though." Jared says while he does the same.

Alex thought that this was the end of him before the two idiots were dragged away by the neck of their shirts.

"Don't. We are done bullying Alex." Alex could not believe it, the one who always bullied him throughout primary and now secondary is getting his minions to stop doing what they were going to start.

Michael opened his mouth to say something but Bryan interrupts by grabbing Alex's hand gently and leading him back outside, "come on Alex, we're leaving."

The two sixteen-year olds ended up being at Alex's house as Bryan said he didn't have anywhere to go basically.

"So, why did you stop Michael and Jared from hurting me when you used to do it all the time years ago?" Forest green eyes stare at the crimson hair of their enemy - well he might not be an enemy anymore but who knows.

Bryan does not answer, all he does is stare down at his sweaty palms that he fiddles with. Alex sees this and moves closer to his bully.

"Bryan, what's-"

"Can I tell you something?" Finally the grey eyes of the crimson haired boy stare at the green ones to the navy haired.

Alex thinks for a moment. "Are you not going to insult me like you always do?"

Bryan's eyes widen, "No! I'm done with that. It's just that... I think... I think I'm in love with someone."

"And why are you asking me?"

"...because it's a guy..."

The oldest out of the two shuffles in his seat and clears his throat awkwardly.

"Are you just asking me because I'm known as the gay at school AND because I went out with two boys in my past time?"

"...."

'Fuck sake why does Bryan have to be anonymous sometimes.' Alex takes hold of Bryan's shoulders so he faces him, "Look Bryan, I'm not really good at helping with this sort of thing but maybe you could just confess to him when you're ready."

Cade was quiet for a few more seconds before pulling Spofford closer that the two were a few inches away from each other, "what if I said it was like those cliches were the bully falls in love with their victim?"

"Oh." Was all the navy haired sixteen-year old said before the top bully in the school attacked him with a hungry kiss.

The kiss tasted like sunshine and rainbows to the teens, okay that could've been worded better but it was magical. It went on for more than five minutes until the two pulled away to catch air.

Bryan takes a glance at Alex before looking away and falling on the teen's bed, "that was..."

"Hot?" Alex smirks, making the younger blush and hit him on the elbow playfully, "shut up."

"Aww, is kitten blushing just because I spilled the truth?" Alex questions.

Bryan sits up and pushes the older down on the bed harshly, "hey, that's my nickname for you. Only I can use it."

"Okay."

The two share another kiss before a muffled ringing of a call interrupted. Bryan groans in annoyance when he realises the phone ringing was his, taking the mobile out of his back pocket the screen mentioned that his mother was calling. 

"Son of a bitch..." the youngest grumbles as he sits up to take the phone call. Alex watches as the redhead screams down the phone mentioning things like "I'm fine okay!", "No, I am not at a bar!", "You know what? Fuck you, Liz." and then a sigh as the bully hangs up. 

Alex brings Bryan closer to his chest, "Family problems?" All Bryan does is nod his head as he nuzzles closer to a warm hug he needed right now. The older out of the two chuckles softly with small reply of a "guess that is two things we have in common."

"what is the first thing we have in common?" a yawn interrupts the tired young one as he was going to say another question. Alex leans back down with Bryan close to him, "That we both fell in love with each other due to shit cliques. Now, go to sleep. I can that you're tired."

When Bryan heard the word "sleep" his mind was letting him slip into lands of sweet dreams and fully fell for his lover when Alex pulled him closer to his chest. Everything felt calm for these two younglings that did not get along at first which made them fall into the casual clique this story is.