Into the City

A once peaceful morning, soon interrupted by a boisterous individual whose goal was to wake his tired companion. "GOOOOOOOOD MOOOORRRRNNNIIINNNGGG SHOUTA!!!!" His voice alone shook the whole two-story house, waking those around them at the crack of dawn. The tired male just rolled onto his stomach, trying to ignore the obnoxious blond and the tempting aroma of breakfast awaiting in the kitchen. "Come on, Shouta! Get up! I made some breakfast especially for you with your favourite black coffee!" The blond started to shake his companion awake, shoving a cup of bitter black coffee in his face. "Drink up! You'll be up in no time."

Groaning in annoyance and tiredness, Shouta finally sat up with a huff, scratching his black bed hair and taking the cup of coffee. He sat and sipped at the drink as his friend headed back into the kitchen, the alluring scent of food bringing Shouta from his bed. He slouched down as he walked, the almost black rings under his eyes depicting how much sleep he usually gets. He placed his cup of coffee down onto the table and took a seat, slamming his head into the table with an audible 'thud'. "Hizashi... why the hell did you think it'd be a good idea to scream to get me awake...?" He tilted his head till he was resting on his chin, glaring up at the blond with cold, dead eyes. Hizashi only chuckled and pat his head, placing a plate of bacon and eggs down in front of him.

"How else was I gonna wake you? You spend most of your morning in bed asleep. I can't just gently shake you awake. Plus, what's so fun in that?" Hizashi sat down next to the grumpy blackette with his own plate of food, ignoring the annoyed groan that arose from Shouta. "Besides, I had something I needed to ask you," his face turned serious as he faced his friend. "You received another thumb drive from that vigilante, right? The one that's always wears either a green or black hoodie? What was his name again...?"

Sitting up straight, Shouta pulled out a grey thumb drive and placed it onto the table. "Oh, him. He goes by Blank. I received this thumb drive last night from him. Said it had coordinates to some villain's hideout or something. Also other information he's gathered on certain troublesome villains that have become more active this year," Shouta leaned back in his chair, taking another sip of his steaming coffee. "I was going to hand it to Nedzu later today. I'm sure he'd be interested in this. Might be able to figure out what's going on in that vigilante's mind."

The duo finished their breakfast in a matter of minutes. They cleaned their plates and showered, dressing in their normal attire before heading out. The more talkative of the two brung up all kinds of topics to discuss, though, only he really said anything. The subway station wasn't far by any means, so they arrived and waited with their tickets for the next train to come in. As Shouta heaved out a heavy sigh, squinting his eyes over the shelter of the station, he caught a glimpse of a dark green blur. His eyes snapped open as he rubbed away the tiredness that cling to his being at all times. But, the blur was gone as soon as it appeared. He chalked it up to his haziness, having gotten a few hours rest, four at most, and practically living off coffee for a few months now. The tension in his shoulders sunk and faded away, Shouta leaning back against the concrete wall.

"You ok Shouta? Did you see something?" Hizashi asked, concern lacing his voice as he glanced over at his sleep deprived friend. "You just tensed up suddenly."

Sighing both internally and externally, Shouta turned to Hizashi with his usual deadpan expression. "I though I saw a some green on the station roof, but I believe I was just hallucinating," he turned his gaze back to the tracks as the train pulled to a screeching halt. "Let's get going. Delivering this to Nedzu is top priority right now." They boarded the train and sat down, feeling the vibrations from the train as it started up again, taking off along the tracks. 'Was I just hallucinating? If not, that most likely was Blank. So he's moved off to the streets to hide from us. Damn. Should've been more quiet about that raid. Maybe then we would've actually caught him, instead of his useless computers that won't even turn on,' Shouta let out a deep sigh, resting his head upon Hizashi's shoulder as he thought. 'If we get this USB to Nedzu, maybe there will be some answers, or a clue of some sort as to where he is currently.'