His Story

It was a normal mid summers day, birds chirping and children running off to school. A small family of three were the exception, having been woken up early by a hyperactive now four year old, ready to find out what his quirk was. His parents groggily got it, wishing their son a happy birthday as they got up and changed, heading down to make breakfast. They are quickly, the adults waking themselves up before they headed to the car, driving off in the direction of the quirk doctors. They entered and sat in the waiting room, having booked for this appointment a week in advance. The hyperactive child couldn't sit still, bouncing in his seat as his wide viridian green eyes scanning everything in the room excitedly. He peeked up when he heard the doctor call his name, his face splitting into a blinding smile. He jumped up, grabbing his parents hands and dragged them over, unable to wait any longer to find out what quirk he received.

The doctor conducted his tests, collecting the results and headed out to the family, his face neutral and giving away nothing. He sat down, holding the results in his hands as the parents calmed their child, though not completely as he continued to squirm in their hold. "Mr and Mrs Midoriya. The results are in. And I'm sorry to say, but..." he took a deep breath, seeing the worry and concern in the parents eyes. "Your son is Quirkless," the doctor brought up a picture from a projector that sat on the roof, showing the child's foot bone structure. "As you can see here, he has one extra bone joint in his pinky toe. People with quirks don't have this extra joint, meaning that your son is sadly Quirkless," the doctor passed the results paper over to the parents who were obviously saddened by the news. "Here's everything you need to know. The results for each test, and a compiled file with the results from other Quirkless people if you wish to compare."

The adults nodded solemnly. They collected their things and the family left, a distraught child following behind them. They entered the car and the ride back was silent. The child stared out the window and watched the city roll past him, everything seeming like it had just crumbled down upon him. The car pulled up into the family's driveway, the three hopping out with their things. The mother turned to her child and opened her mouth to speak, but her husband stopped her, shaking his head. They watched their son drag his feet to the door, stopping in front of it as he waited for his parents to unlock it. The two saw this and took out their house keys, opening the door and watching their son climb up the stairs to his room. He climbed up to his bed and laid down, vacant eyes staring at an All Might poster that was hung up above his wardrobe. He stared at his signature smile and felt tears well in his eyes.

His parents sat down in the lounge room, a heavy gloom laying thickly over them. "Hisashi... what are we suppose to tell Izuku? He's Quirkless. And I'm scared at how the other children will react to that news. I don't want anything bad to happen to him, Hisashi. And I don't want to lie to him either. I just don't know what to do," Hisashi looked at his wife sadly as tears flowed down her cheeks, chocking back sobs as she cried. Hisashi pulled her close to his chest, stroking his hand through her long straight hair, humming as he felt her arms wrap tightly around his chest. "What are we suppose to do? I don't want anything bad to happen to him just because he's Quirkless. There has to be something that we can do, right? There has to be?" She pulled back and looked Hisashi in the eyes, desperation clouding her emeralds green eyes.

"I know how you feel, Inko. But the best we can do know is to support and love him as we always have done. Protect him here and provide him a safe home where he doesn't need to hide. A safe home where he can whatever he needs to us," Hisashi said, pulling his wife back into another hug as she finally let the sobs out, crying into his chest. "It'll be alright. And if it gets too bad at school, we will take him out. We'll take him out and teach him here. We'll help him grow strong and be someone that no one will look down upon because of a stupid status. He'll be our little hero. And we will help him reach that goal, alright?" He felt Inko nod her head in his chest, trying to wipe away her tears as she calmed down. "No matter what happens, we'll make sure that he's safe and that he grows up to be strong. And that's a promise I plan to keep." Hisashi announced. Inko pulled away again, wiping her eyes with the backs of her hands as she smiled.