Fight or flight

I woke up with a banging headache, I looked to the side at the clock and saw it was 9pm. Shit. My fight starts at 10 and I'm gonna be so hungover for it, but I have to do it as I need the money so I don't have to go home and it will help get rid of the stress. I was about to get out of bed when I heard a disapproving cough from next to me. I turned around to see Carli with her arms folded and her eyebrow raised. " oh hey... what's up ?" I told her nervously. "What's up ! What's up !!! You run out of the room and leave for hours only to return and pass out drunk ! You're not even if the legal age ! Do you want to tell me what's going on ?!" She said sternly. "Can't talk sorry I've gotta go to the fight" I told her emotionlessly. She grabbed my arm and turned me around her face going from one of anger to sadness. "Caitlin please talk to me I can't stand to see you like this". My heart faltered when she said this and I realised that if we were gonna be together I had to be honest with her. I sat her down and took a deep breath " I ran because I was scared and then I came across the bar and wanted to forget everything so I went in, I'm sorry" I told her with sincerity in my voice. Her face softened slightly and then went to confusion. " what were you scared about?" She said taking my hands into her own. " I didn't want you to think I was ugly because of the scar" I told her looking down while a tear escaped my eye. She touched the bottom of my chin with two fingers and lifted it so I was looking at her. " oh Caitlin, I could never think you were ugly no matter how many scars you have you are beautiful to me" she let go and went to lift up my shirt. I was hesitant at first and went to stop her, but she looked at me with eyes full of love and trust so I let her. She slowly traced her fingers along the scar making me shiver recalling the memories. " this is what your dad did isn't it?" I nodded getting angry remembering what the man did to me. She slowly bent down and kissed all the way along it. " I love you and your beautiful, all of you". This made me break into smile while crying at the same time. "I love you too". I've never felt so much joy and acceptance in my life, and I'm so grateful for it. "But... you have to stop drinking it isn't good for your health and if Jill finds out she won't let you play, neither will dawn".  I agreed with her and promised I'd try and stop before getting up and getting ready for the fight.  

I entered the building absolutely shitting myself with what was about to come. Carli begged me to come so I had to let her, I can never say no to the girl, although I warned her in what she might witness and this was gonna be a messy fight. I left her at the edge of the ring and went to get changed. I still hadn't fully healed from the last fight and my rib was aching. The ring master called us up and sized up my opponent. He was tall and stocky and looked like he could squash me like a bug, I gulped quietly fearing my own life. " ha ! She's undefeated ?! Look at her !! This will be over within seconds!" He laughed being the same as everyone else and underestimating me. The bell rang for us to start and he swung right at my jaw which I was prepared for and I was knocked to the ground. This was going to be harder than I thought. I feigned bad injury to boost his ego and then swiped his legs from under him when he was least expecting it. He fell to the floor with a a loud thud, giving me time to stand up again. When he stood up I did a spin kick and knocked him back down, he was badly injured from this and probably close to concussion. This made him angrier so he pushed me to the edge and started pummelling my face in. I'd never felt such extruciating pain. I was close to giving up and being knocked out, but then I heard " come on baby !! You can do this !!!" It was Carli's diststinct voice through the crowd and it made me want to win, win for her. So I ducked and flipped him over my shoulder making him crash to the ground and before he could get back up again I kicked him in the head hard knocking him out. I had just defeated the undefeated It was one of the happiest moments in my life, I collect my 30,000 for winning. I ran and jumped into to my girls arms kissing her face all Over and thanking her for keeping me going and supporting me. " I won for you baby I love you" I stated proudly. " I love you too but I don't know how you are going to explain this to Jill".
Oh shit. Well I'm screwed.

——————————
Hey guys sorry for not updating for so long I just didn't have the effort but I read some of your comments and they motivated me to read again so thank you, I know it's not the longest chapter ever but it's a start and I hope you enjoy it and let me know if there's anything you want to happen next or stuff like that