The God of Destruction

Two Universes remain. 2 members for Universe 7 and 2 remain for Universe 11. Vegeta and Trunks are confronting Top. Top seems out of breath. Vegeta stands with a menacing look.

Top: (Panting)

Vegeta: (To Top) I'm shocked, but also ashamed of you. You seemed like a worthy opponent, but I guess you can't judge a book by it's cover. (To Trunks) Stand back, I'm ending this -

Top: Don't call me out just yet, villain. I have one more trump card. A.. a gift from Lord Belmod.

Top begins to stumbles getting up, and stands almost frozen. Top opens his eyes and his muscles tense up. A thin purple aura surrounds him. He begins to power up, and releases a roar of monstrous proportions. The ground crumbles underneath him. Vegeta and Trunks jump back to a safe distance. Top begins to buff up, and his suit tears apart, revealing a ripped body with dark red markings.

Trunks: His.. Energy..

Belmod: Take a look Universe 7, this is the power of a God of Destruction.

Universe 7: (In the crowd) Huh?

Belmod: Yeah, Top was actually a candidate for a future God of Destruction, and now he'll give you a taste of it.

Vegeta: (mockingly) Heh, so what you buffed up. Are you doing this in the name of justice?

Top: (Gruff voice) Forget about justice. Justice means NOTHING now..

Top growls, and steps forward. Trunks fires a Ki blast. The Ki blast disintegrates instantly.

Trunks: (Scared) What..?

Vegeta: That blast just disappeared!

Top stops walking. And darts towards Vegeta and Trunks at breakneck speed. They manage to dodge his in time. Both begin to fire blast after blast, but to no avail, the blasts can't deal anything. Top fires a Hakai ball. Both dodge in time. The ball impacts with a large piece of arena. The piece disappears. Vegeta fires a Galick Gun, but the blast disappears as it hits Top.

Vegeta: Damn it all!

Top leaps towards Trunks and Vegeta, and nails a punch to Trunks, sending him flying. Immediately, Top turns his attention to Vegeta. He stuns him with a punch to the gut, and gets kicked to the ground. Vegeta crashes into the ground. Top grabs him by the head.

Top: What did you say about judging a book by it's cover?

Vegeta powers up, and frees himself. Top begins to pummel Vegeta. A shot to the chest sends him down to a knee.

Piccolo: That last shot just floored him. This is bad.

Beerus: Come on Vegeta...

Top: Arrogant fool. You deserve this punishment.

Top readies a punch. Vegeta closes his eyes, as if he's accepted this.

Vegeta: (Thinking) I'm sorry Bulma..

Top's punch flies towards Vegeta. Trunks teleports in front of Vegeta, with his arms out and takes the punch with full force, coughing up blood. Trunks collapses to the ground, immobile. Vegeta goes silent.

Gohan: Trunks!

Zeno: Is he dead?

Beerus: If he is, he should be disqualified!

Grand Minister: No my lord, it would seem that the impact has knocked him out. Therefore, Top is not disqualified, and Trunks is still in the Tournament of Power; albeit knocked out.

Vegeta stands up, still dead silent, staring at Trunks. Flashbacks of Cell killing Trunks flood his mind.

Vegeta: You... BASTARD!!

The ground shatters underneath him. A white aura surrounds Vegeta.

Vegeta: YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!!

A light surrounds Vegeta, and the light becomes almost blinding. Top covers his face. Static flies off in multiple directions. Vegeta's fur becomes white, his hair stays in Super Saiyan 4, but becomes longer further down and spiky. Two thin long bangs grows from the center of his widows peak with one being longer than the other as his eyes turn green. Vegeta has ascended to Super Saiyan 5. Sparks fly around his body. Vegeta carries Trunks to a safe distance. He turns his attention to Top. Top stands, stone faced. Vegeta flies forward. Top fires a Hakai ball, but Vegeta blocks the shot.

Top: What?!

Vegeta lands a punch to Top's face, stunning him. Vegeta follows up with a barrage of punches and kicks.

Vegeta: This is for Trunks! Galick Gun!!

The Galick Gun hits directly into the stomach of Top. The force of the shot begins to send Top backwards. Top powers up. The beam begins to disappear. Top fires back. Both begin to fight, with both blocking shot for shot. Top hits a punch to Vegeta's stomach, but immediately fires back with an uppercut.

Vegeta: Big Bang.. Attack!

The Big Bang Attack flies towards Top, only for it to disappear upon impact. Top charges a Ki blast in his hands and releases it as a powerful beam blast.

Gohan: Watch out Vegeta!

Vegeta: Don't tell me what to do!

Vegeta dodges his attack, and fires Ki blasts. A cloud of smoke emits. Top flies through the cloud. Both attempt punches but are at a stalemate. Both jump backwards.

Top: You will be defeated! I will not fall!

Top prepares a large Hakai ball in his hands, much larger than him.

Top: This will end you!

Vegeta: That won't work this time, this next blast will finish you. Final Shine...

Top: It's over!

Top fires the Hakai ball.

Vegeta: RAAHH!!

Vegeta fires the Final Shine. The two attacks are at a stalemate. Top roars and the ball begins to be pushed back. The ball moves foreward slowly. Vegeta begins to struggle slightly. Vegeta yells. The Final Shine destroys the ball.

Top: What?

The blast sends Top out of the ring. Top has been eliminated.

Grand Minister: Contestant Top of Universe 11 has been eliminated.

Top is sent to the stands, while Vegeta reverts to his base form.

Top: (Back to normal) (Sigh) I'm sorry, Lord Belmod. It would seem the power of the gods wasn't enough. I have failed.

Belmod: You didn't. You fought valiantly. But the fact that he took on a warrior with the power of the gods, kinda concerns me..

Beerus: All that leaves is Jiren then.

Supreme Kai: Let's hope their power is enough to defeat him.

End of Chapter 9