Serpent Life

Another long day, another hour, another minute, another second. I was busting the tables at my first job hoping the time would end soon. I was getting dirty look left and right, to these people I was on the wrong side of town.

Your wonder what do you mean by the wrong side of town? Well you see Riverdale is not like fairy tales. You have the northside where the rich stuck snubs who think they own the town and then you have the south side. Where the less fortunate and still stuck people who think who think they have won town through "gang related activates". There is good and bad on both sides of the town. In no means is this little town innocent on either sides.

"Serpent slut you got my order wrong." I stood up and took a deep breath I knew the voice all too well. I turn and my glare landed on Reggie Mantel. Reggie is what you call a player. Life is like a football game he plays in on Saturday nights. He just has to win.

" Reggie don't harass my workers if your order wrong it's on me. I took your order." Pops spoke up from behind the counter. Reggie rolled his eyes as I turn back around and finish cleaning.
Pops what could I say about this fathey man who owns the little diner that every one loves to come to. He is a total sweetheart who doesn't believe in north and south sided. He sees every one as human and willing to give any one a shot.
At that point Reggie mom and little sister walk in. I put a smile on my face as Lilly ran up hugging me with a giggle. I saw Reggie stand up as I picked her up and tickled her. He probably worried I would hurt this innocent little girl. He is so wrong I adore her and her energy.

"Hey sweet cheeks how was school?" I asked their mom gave a closed mouth smile before glancing back at her son and shaking her head. Lily went into telling me all about it as I wrote their normal down. I was interacting with her laughing and asking questions. This little girl stole my heart the night Reggie Mantel fuck me over and added me to him and his friend playbook. I never did anything with him, but everyone thought I did. "Ok hun I'll be right back, and the milkshakes are on the house" I said then look up at her mom.

"You're a doll Malaya thank you." I smiled and walked off to put their order in. Reggie stood and walked to his mom.

"What the hell was that?" He asked rudely making his mom give him a look.

"Reggie Malaya been working here since she was able to get a job. She one of the best workers here and your sister adores her. Every Friday we come in Malaya gives Lilly and I free shakes that she does not think I know but come out of her check. That girls a hard worker she is one south sider I would trust with my life and even Lilly's lay off her son." She spoke.

" She a serpent mom you know how embarrassing this is" he spoke so harshly making his mom roll her eyes.

"Yes, I know she a serpent. Do you remember that Christmas thing where hard for us after your dad passed? I could not buy you and your sister anything the things y'all got was thanks to her being a serpent. For the toys for tots drive she put her name in on the downlow only her father knew what everyone thought was being sent to Jelly bean was sent to Lilly and what was supposed to be for Jughead you, so no one knew we was struggling. That was just last year. That embarrassment you feel is wrongly place even after you ruined that girl's life with playing with her, she still helped our family, and oh yes, I know you hurt her. I do not know how or even why, but I saw the change in her after. Yet she still put a smile on her face every time me and Lily walked in this place. While I was dealing with funeral arrangements. She used to sit right in this booth coloring with Lily before work. While she was working, she kept an eye on Lily so I could handle what needed to be handle while you were off to busy with friends and your own way of getting over what happen." I peeked over my shoulder to see Reggie giving me a thankful look before it turned to a glare and he darted out the room his buddies following him. I took a deep breath and brought their food to them.