Work sucks

The next day when I woke up it was around noon. My dad must have figured that I needed rest and decided to let me skip school. I laid around the house watching TV and just thinking. Around 3 I remember I had a shift at Pops I know it might sound weird oh just call in, but with my dad not working we really needed the money to keep the roof over our head. Yes, he helps with odd jobs, but my steady income is what help keeps us afloat. Once I stepped out the door, I was rushing but stopped in my track as I saw Sweetpea leaning against his bike. I sighed and locked the trail door before heading to my bike which must have been brought by earlier or last night.

"I don't have time right now. My shift starts soon, and I still need to change once I get there" I told him as I put my backpack on my back and swung my leg over getting on my bike.

"Ok" he spoke before standing up and walking over to me. I looked at him confused. As he set behind me. "Let's go" I shrugged and started my bike taken off. It was different making the turns driving with someone Sweets size on the back. Unlike Toni she lighter I caught him chuckling a few times at my troubles. Once we made it to Pops, he got off and straighten his jacket and ran his hand through his hair before holding the door open for me. I rolled my eyes yet again before making my way to Pops.

"Malaya what happen" he ask making me turn my head so he can look at my wound.

"I'm fine Pop I swear" I said giving him a small smile before grabbing my work outfit and going change.

"You sure you're ok to work you can have the day off" He said when I walked out.

" you know I can't pop It's been a rough last couple days, but I need all the hours I can get." I told him as I grabbed my note pad and pen, I notice we had a new waiter and could not help but grin when I saw her eyes widen.

"Oh yeah Malaya, Hermione started working here Saturday. She took your shifts last couple of days your dad had call said you had to miss." I gave him a smile and nod before I made my way over to a busy table of Riverdale high student. I saw Sweet sitting at the last table facing toward me with a milkshake.

"Hi, my name Malaya I'll be your waiter can I get you all anything."

"Serpent slut" someone cough and I notice Reggie sitting in the corner. I saw Sweet going to stand but I held my hand up stopping him.

"I didn't notice you there Reggie. How Lilly and your mom? You know if thing is still tight, I can put my name in the toy drive thing again this year and help again if you like" I said with a sickly-sweet smile. He glared at me as the others looked at him confused. "I mean you did give me that big 10 in your playbook under Serpent slut funny you couldn't even reach a 3 in my book" I said making a sorry face before looking at the other. "He just couldn't keep that little guy up." A few of his friend oh at the burn.

" we never" he spoke glaring at me going to standup. I tapped the Cheryl shoulder as she set closer.

"Here some advice girl ever have a guy say he slept with you and disses you and it never happen. That dude just gave you every ability to talk him down. I mean people already believe it happen any way why not have fun with it" She couldn't help but laugh with a few other. "Now can I get you all anything" they gave their order and I walked off I could see Sweet smirking in the corner. Pops was shaken his head in silent chuckles as I handed him the order.

"Well played" Hermione said with a smile. I smiled back. Before making my way to another table.

"Girl you just put him in his place" The girl that was snooping the other night said the other at her table was smiling.

"I deal with it all that. Jug you want your normal." I asked he nod before I wrote the other.

"How offend do you come here" I gave Jug a look and shock my head when she was looking.