Birthday

The week passed by pretty event free. Most of my time time was spent with Toni and the boys or my dad. I even had a couple more dates with Sweetpea which made me have a little more pep in her step as she walked around Pops on Friday. The bell above the door dinged making her look and smile as she saw Sweetpea walk in. A few seconds later Lilly came darted around his leg almost knocking him over making me chuckle as she latched onto my leg. Her mother not for behind telling him sorry. He just gave me a wide eye look before sending me a grin  and straighten his jacket before he raised a eyebrow at the new attachment to my leg.
"Hmm babe there something different about you today. I don't know something seems off" he said tilting his head to the side looking me over as he crossed his arms making Lilly and me laugh. He kneeled  down to her level giving her a smile. "You must be Lilly that I hear so much about. I believe some one told me you Birthday was right before my girl here's"He said pointing to me she gave him a shy nod. He reached in his pocket and grabbed two small wrapped gift shocking me because he was only bring the one I got her and forgot at the house. "This one is from Malaya and this one here is from me. Happy birthday kiddo." Lilly looked up to me with a surprised face as Hermoine came grab the plates I was holding up. I gave her a thankful smile as she pointed to a table telling me to take a break. I reach down and picked Lilly up bring her to where her mom set.
  "Is it ok if I join" Sweetpea asked holding the gift. Her mom gave him a nervous look before she saw what he was holding. Giving him a small smile as he slid in next to me and Lilly set on my lap. I reach for the gifts and handed to her with a smile she open mine and squealed  when she saw the little bows and headband I got her. Then she open sweets and gasp as she saw the little bracelet. I looked at Sweets and smiled mouthing thank you.
  "You see that charm represents Malaya. She will always protect you like wolves protect their family. She also kind of obsessed with wolves"He said pointing to the wolf one making Lilly giggle and me look at him with my jaw drop. He sent me a wink before going back talking to her. I looked at Lilly mom with a can you believe this look making her laugh and me smile. "I was told you like kitties and tinker bell. The little tiara shows your a princess." The way he spoke to her had a bright smile on his face. His big bad act was gone completely he was a big softie when it came to kids and it amazed me.
  "Thank you Mister" She said with a bright smile before holding it up to her mom. She had relax and had a smile on her face
"Sweetpea just call me Sweetpea" He said with a chuckle.
  "Ok flowerman" she said making me bust out laughing and Sweets give me a look.
  "We know she been hanging out with you for sure." He said making us all bust out laughing. "I need head back to the trailer park"He said leaning in and giving me a kiss.
  "Pop would you hand Sweet my bag to give to me right fast."I called out getting nod from him once he gave me my bag he gave me another kiss before telling Lilly happy birthday again and walking out. I watched him with a smile on my face.
  "He seem surprisingly Sweet" Lilly mom spoke making me smile brightly.
  "He is when he want to be. He protective and can come off as a ass to some though. This surprise me I spoke about Lilly and her birthday I didn't know he went out and got her something."
  "He seems like a keeper then." I laugh at her words and nod.
  "He been one of my best friends forever we just starting to go into the more then friend stage. He makes me happy and I feel safe with him." She was smiling brightly as I spoke making my cheeks turn red as I pulled out Lilly coloring sheets for her.
  "You love him" She spoke making it worse I placed my hands on my cheek and sighed. As I thought about it.
  "I'm not sure. I mean I loved him as a friend for so long am I in love with him I am not sure if it is to that yet, but I care about him deeply" I havnt had my mother around in years to have these kind of talks and even when she was here she was never overly motherly with me and Jug. "I need to get back to work."Lilly groaned and looked up at me with pleading eyes. "Happy birthday Princess" I said kissing her cheek before moving her so I could stand. Her mom thanked me once more before I got back to work. Once my shift was over I made my way home with a groan. Walking in I notice my dad sitting on the sofa . I plopped next to him and leaned against him making him put his arm around me.
  "Long day?" I nod and just curled up more. He pulled the blanket off the back of the beat up sofa and laid it on me as he went back to watching tv. I woke up to a knock on the door and groan and curled up more into my dad not wanting to fully wake up.
  "Come in"My dad called figuring it was a serpent or one of my friends.
  "Hi Mr. Jones" Open my eyes wide and looked up at my dad and then to our guest who was none other then Betty. What the hell is going on. I heard my dad sigh. "I know just showing up is rude but, I would really like you to come to Jug party." At her words I rolled my eyes turning over barring my face against my dad.  "And you to Malaya you both should be there." I stood up and glared at her.
  "I have already told you I have plans and Jughead hates his birthday or any kind of party. This family don't run on normal. We are different when are you going to learn to accepted my brother for who he is and how he likes stuff and stop trying to change him."I snapped before grabbing my dad Serpent Jacket putting it on.
  "Babygirl that" I gave my dad a duh look making him chuckle before walking out. I walked a few door down to Sweets place and walked in. It didn't take me long to notice he wasn't home. I just made my way to his room shrugging my dad jacket off  before grabbing one of Sweets shirts changing and curling up under his blanket. It was only 8:30pm but I was dead tired from work. The next time I woke up was to him wrapping his arms around me. I snuggled into him.
  "I could get use to coming home to you curled up in my bed"He said with a chuckle. I looked up at him with a smile before kissing him deeply wrapping my arms around his neck. "What was that for?" He chuckled when we slightly pulled away for air.
  "Who would of known you a big bad gang member was so good with kids"I said making him chuckle and kiss me.
  "I want kids one day so yeah" I smiled brightly at him and snuggled into him. "You still meeting your brother" I picked up my phone and notice it was 11:30. I went to get up but he held me tighter to him.
  "Sweets" I groan making him laugh and give me a kiss before letting me go. I hurried and went change. He was in the living room watching tv by time I was done.
  "You coming back?" I nod before giving him a kiss and walking out the door and made my way to Pops. It was 5 minutes tell I glanced around and saw he wasn't there yet and went sit down in his normal booth holding his gift. When midnight hit I looked at my phone and glanced around for my twin. Pops walked out from the back and gave me a sad smile.
"He left about 20 min ago with Archie. Happy birthday." I sighed and set back and waited giving him a small thanks. I sent Jug a message and waited for a response. After a hour my eyes water as I stood up and made way to pay for the milkshake I was drink Pop waved me off.
  "Oh the house birthday gift." I gave him a smile as I whipped y eyes and nod making my way out and to my bike. Glancing at my phone once more before heading back to Sweets. When I walked in he was still on the sofa watching tv but jumped up when he saw my face and brought me into his arms. I bursted in to tears. I don't know why it hurt so much this is the 3 year he didn't show up, but this year he said he would be there and he looked happy at the thought. Sweets picked me up and carried me to his room. Handing me the shirt I changed out of. I nod and whipped my eyes before going change. My phone dinged and I looked at it.
The handsome twin: Sorry I forgot. How bout lunch.
Me:Fuck off
The handsome twin: I am sorry. You don't know how sorry I am.
I ignored his message and went curl up with Sweets. He kissed my forehead and pulled me into his arms.
   "Happy Birthday Wolfie" I gave him a small smile as I snuggled into him before falling asleep. I woke up to breakfast in bed. I smiled and looked at Sweets.
  "We both know I can't cook really so it's not much" he had fixed some scrabbles eggs and toast with coffee.
  "I love it thank you" I said giving him a kiss. Once we finished eating I grabbed my dad Jacket and put it on grabbing another cup off coffee and giving him a kiss before walking home. My leg where bare from just wearing his shirt but I wasn't walking far so I didn't mind. Once home my dad treated me with a happy birthday and his hand out for his jacket making me laugh.
  "How was the birthday breakfast?" I just gave him a look making him sigh and pull me into a hug. "Did you have breakfast then?"
"Yeah Sweets made me breakfast in bed" I said with a smile making my dad smile.
  "I'm a stop by your brother party tonight. Want to come to at least give him your gift? Your party can't start tell you arrive." I sighed and nod giving him a small smile. He kissed my forehead before heading out the door. It was only 11:30 am so I decided to go shower and get ready for the day. Once I was done I head the the Wyrm where I got cheers of happy birthday and bunch of love. This is what I love about the Serpent they where my family. I didn't have to worry about them forgetting or ditching me. Toni pulled me into a hug and by the look on her face I could tell she knew Jug didn't show up. Tears formed in my eyes.