The Fight

PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS STORY

THALIA POV

Shit.

This word defines the whole of my week. First, Artemis gets angry at me so quickly. Then suddenly I lose my temper and say things enough to make Artemis kill me.

I still remember that moment-

"So that's how it works? Just because you don't have friends doesn't mean none of us can!"

Now I could see that Artemis was angry. And then with a warning, her daggers appeared and she pounced at me.

I could see life flash in front of me as I saw Artemis run towards me with her daggers in hand. I couldn't move. My body parts suddenly weighed a ton. Even if I had tried to move it would be useless, for now, I have no weapons to protect myself with.

Artemis then swung her knife at my face. I closed my eyes in fear.

I waited for death but it never came. I opened my eyes and saw that the blade was only an inch away from my face and Artemis was bound by some invisible force.

"The ancient laws." She murmured. She then took back the knife, still glaring at me went back, and sneered "Thalia Grace! I challenge you to a duel. This would be a duel to the death and if you want, you can back off right now. Because in the end, you will be the one to die."

That pissed me completely. And mindlessly, I cried out "Alright then! We will fight here, right here. In a day. But since you do not die, let's keep it this way, you shall lose if I disarm you and make you fall on the ground.

And thence I sit here readying myself to face Artemis.

6 hours left for the fight and Percy is nowhere to be seen. I wonder what he has gotten himself into.

PERCY POV

India.

I have landed in India.

I never expected this to happen. I just met an unkillable monster and nearly did defending myself. That monster fought like a god. I wonder if that was an immortal.

I am now in a cold mountain terrain in India. When I asked the nearby in I was told that I was 80 km away from the Kailash mountain. If I had Athena or some other intelligent being with me to help me with the monster mystery. Looking at Mrs O'Leary's condition, it feels like it would take another 12-13 hours to heal before I take it back to the Camp.

I started interrogating the people of India about the conditions and any unusual happening.

Even though the interrogation was tough since half of them didn't speak English, I was pretty astounded to hear that most of them believed that's gods still existed. Not any god, the gods of their mythology. Other than that I heard a few more things. Such violent acts had started to increase and society was getting more and more chaotic. Some people mentioned another god named 'Kalki' was rising. I couldn't understand the heads or tails of it. But it didn't matter much.

From the answers, all I understood was that maybe, this 'Kalki' was that monster and that this monster was the one causing the chaos.

Now that Mrs O' Leary is all healed I will go back to America.

THALIA POV

It is now time for the fight. The hunters had arranged the benches in a circle in the centre of the camp. Artemis was waiting there with her bow slung on her shoulder while she had her dirks around her waist.

My get-up was similar to hers. A bow on the shoulder. Knives around waist and hunter uniform.

I got into the ring. I looked around the ring. The hunters around were scared. No one had ever seen Artemis get in a fight with someone else, also I have heard rumours about me saying that I was as strong as Artemis. I suppose that they are scared that this match would cause a lot of destruction. I couldn't even see Cally. I think she didn't come to see it. The last time I saw her, she was on the verge of tears. I have a feeling that she is in her tent crying.

Then came out a girl, I think she is Rudy. She started her count down.

3.

2.

1.

START!

At the ending "t" of the start, Artemis pounced at me. I took out my daggers just in time to stop Artemis. I slashed and dodged. Artemis was extremely quick at attacking me. I could only see a small shine of her blade by which I was able to stop her blades.

I was still stopping her when she used her second blade and cut me through the chest. I screamed and was thrown back.

This made me extremely angry, I shouted to psyche myself. Then I sheathed my hunting knives and took out my bow swiftly and shot arrow after arrow. Heck, I was shooting 3-4 arrows at the same time.

Artemis was startled by the quadruplet arrow shooting. One arrow just cut her on her left cheek. Even though Artemis was angry, she kept using her dagger. Now with even more speed, she started cutting the arrows and kept moving forward. At one point Artemis just cut my bow down and kicked me.

She then jumped on my stomach threw her knives and started punching me.

I tried to grab my dagger and tried to cut her. I did manage to cut her arm. But she just snatched my knife and threw it away. Then she twisted my arm badly. I was suffering from extreme pain. Artemis punched me one more time, pretty hard this time. Now I had scratches all over my face. My nose was bleeding while my mouth was spilling blood. My chest cut had already bled enough to make my t-shirt red but had stopped bleeding. My hand was twisted at an odd angle while my legs were too sore to move.

Artemis picked up took out her dagger and said: "as per the rules you will die." She raised her head and was about to plunge it into my heart when we heard a voice –

"What the ......?"

We turned our heads and saw the person we least wanted to see,

Percy.

SORRY GUYS, BUT THE UPDATES WILL BE A BIT LATE AS I AM STUCK IN SOME IRL MATTERS