The Last Night of Peace

PERCY POV

The girl looked astounded. I removed the water wall and she fell to the ground. "Y-you are my brother, Percy Jackson?" she muttered. "The Percy Jackson? The one we studied in history? They said you died? How did you come back? You are my brother yet can use fire as a weapon. How?"

She looked curious and perplexed. I could even see a few tears forming in her eyes. Before I could reply to those questions she asked me more questions. But this time, with more sadness in them. "Why did you not come back earlier? Why did you leave me alone here? Why did I have to spend so many lonely nights here?"

I could see tears forming in her eyes as she said those words. All of a sudden I had a brotherly instinct rise in me which caused me to hug her. "Don't cry, little one. I shall tell you everything. First tell me, what is your name?"

"Olivia."

"Well, Olivia get ready to lie down. I will tell you the story while we lie down."

The moment I went to bed, I was fired with questions. The first was about firepower. I had to then spend my next half an hour explaining about champions of Gods and how they were selected.

Then I explained to her that I Have been saving children all over America and that I saved the hunt and then started working with them. Then started dating Artemis. She was astounded by my feats when she asked me the question I was trying to avoid:

"Why did you leave camp?"

I remained silent. And then she continued "Why were you angry at Zack? Why did you leave camp for such petty reasons?"

"Petty reason?" I asked. "Annabeth told me that you left because she and you had some sort of misunderstanding. Isn't that a reason too small to leave the camp?"

Say what? Misunderstanding? I then decided to tell Olivia everything. I closed my eyes and started speaking-

"It all started the day Zack arrived. He was claimed as a son of Zeus. He felt jealous of me because I was a son of Poseidon and the centre of attention thanks to my deeds for the gods. He decided to work his way up by pulling me down. He went around doing different things to the cabins which were later blamed on me. The only thing keeping me sane was my girlfriend, Annabeth. I once went out on a quest alone and when I came back I saw her cheating on me with Zack. I could no longer take things and ran away. I jumped and became Hestia's champion while it took the gods a few moments to realize what Zack had done. He was given punishment and then I continued living my life as the champion."

I opened my eyes and saw Olivia crying. I went to her "Stop crying. Come on Olivia." "I am so s-s-sorry. Percy. I didn't know this happened. Annabeth said you went away because of some normal misunderstanding."

"It is ok, Olivia. Don't cry." Olivia soon fell asleep. I didn't feel like sleeping so I walked out of the cabin. And I saw Artemis walking towards the canoe lake. I slowly walked over to her.

She was sitting on the edge of the lake when I silently walked towards her and hugged her gently from behind. Her body first tensed up a bit but then soften when she realized it was me.

"Percyyyyy! You scared the hell out of me!" Artemis said patting the ground next to her as if telling Percy to sit next to her. I sat next to her and dipped my legs in the lake as she had done. "Isn't that peaceful? Everything is so calm now. No monsters on loose, no mad titan on the rampage, or any other parent of a titan suddenly coming off the surface to show their love for their children."

I smiled but then I remembered that monster I saw a few months ago which gave me a migraine. I decided that Artemis should know about that monster I encountered. I turned towards Artemis-

"Artemis, a few months ago, I was travelling on Mrs O'Leary when I was teleported to a different location. That place was Mount Kailash. I was on the mountain when I had an encounter with an odd being. It was extremely strong. Stronger than me. It radiated the power of a god."

Artemis laughed and patted my shoulder, "Percy everything you can't defeat cannot be a god. Must be a strong monster."

I frowned, but I let that comment pass. I looked at my wristwatch which showed 3 AM. "Frick," I said. "It is late. We should go and sleep. You have to wake up early tomorrow."

"Aw," Artemis said. "I wanna stay longer with you." "You have to go, Artemis. Even if you are a god, you need sleep to function properly." With this, before she could reply, I kissed her. She melted in my arms. And just then Hermes came over.

Good timing Hermes. I thought sarcastically.

"Oh, sorry for interrupting your private time, but I got a message to deliver." He said with a smirk. "Alright then, but if I didn't find the message to be important, can I skewer you to death?" I scowled.

"Well, the message sure is important. The meeting, which was postponed, is now happening tomorrow evening." Hermes reported.

"Hold up. The last time you said so, it was cancelled." Artemis pointed out.

"Not this time. The matters have grown far worse than we could have ever thought of. The meeting is of extreme importance. Now, bring the 6 Heroes, the Council of Cloven Elders, Chiron, and the Hunt with you." Hermes stated grimly.

With this, he disappeared into a puff. Artemis and I looked at each other. "Things are gonna go downhill soon, it seems," I said. "Go and sleep. We shall talk to all about tomorrow's meeting in the morning."

With that, I picked Artemis up and took her to Artemis' cabin, and then left for my cabin.

I entered and saw Olivia still sleeping. I smiled and went to sleep, unknown of the hardships that were still to come.

WE ARE DONE NOW. I WILL UPLOAD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME FOR SUGGESTIONS. AND I PROMISE TO KEEP UPDATING TILL THE STORY ENDS, NO MATTER WHAT.

yea, also, my next update is gonna take some time :P

peace