ch. 3

Your P.O.V

Ugh my head, what happened? Why does it hurt so much?

I slowly open my eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the lighting change. Feeling crust in them I try to move my arm to wipe it away, just to find that I can't. I scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion before the panic sets in when I realise just how bad the situation could be. My heart pounding hard with the adrenaline of wanting to be safe. I thrash violently in the restraints hoping to loosen them enough to slip out. However before I can make any real progress a bunny rabbit runs in with a fox trailing behind and it holds me still.

"Hey, hey, woah. Calm down, you're going to hurt yourself. You're safe, promise. I'm officer Judy Hopps, this is my friend Nick Wilde,"

"Let me out! Let me go you damn psycho! I- I-" I choke back a sob in complete terror as 'Judy' gets closer. I hate this, being so vulnerable. If they choose to hurt me theres nothing I can do about it. Each step closer to me she takes makes my fear and anxiety worse.

"You're safe. I'm not going to hur-

"WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE A DAMN THING YOU SAY!?!?! LET ME THE HELL GO OR I SWEAR TO GOD!"

Then I feel a small sting on the side of my neck. My body starts to calm down and relax and my brain numbs. I look at Judy through misty eyes as I force myself to stay awake. She just smiles at me, completely calm as if this is a normal occurrence. I scowl at her, not understanding anything.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" I don't answer her, just keep looking as if the glare will make the two leave. It doesn't. Unfortunately.

"What species are you?" Still nothing.

"Where are you from?"

"Predator or prey?" This gets a reaction from me.

"What do you mean Predator or prey?" I spit out, still struggling not to fall asleep.

"Based on the video I would say you're a predator but you also managed to outrun me so we have to ask."

"We?" I ask her. It's only us three in the room so what does she mean we.

"Theres cameras recording our conversation. We need to keep an eye on you incase you attack someone."

"So am I a freak show for the public or am I one of the governments dirty little secrets? Why am I here?"

"Listen, we're just here to do our jobs. Answer the questions ask that we can get information on what's being done about you." Surprisingly it was the fox who spoke up this time. He looks so done with the whole situation.

"What's in it for me? The way I see it, you've just kidnapped me, locked me in place and now are threatening me. I have no reason to comply, I dont know who you are or what's going to happen to me. For all I know you are going to kill me-"

The rabbit cuts me off before I could fully verbalize my panic attack, "KILL YOU? WHY WOULD WE DO THAT? THIS IS ZOOTOPIA! ANYONE CAN BE ANYTHING! YOU ARE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE! WE ARE AL-"

"I dont see anyone else chained down for no apparent reason. Why am I here?"

She freezes and the fox who's name I still dont know answers my question.

"Last night you, an unknown animal appeared out of what seemed like no where. We looked into it but the only information we have is that a blue van dropped you off in the rainforest district while you were unconscious. They also left a bag which gave us no clues apart from the fact that theres a lot of books with the name  Y/F/N (Your full name) on the covers. We also found unknown food products and brands however they all proved to be no help. We need to know about you to get you home but we strapped you down because of the little we know about you. We know you get hostile and tend to run when anyone gets close and can take down a feral wolf. We need to strap you down incase you try to attack one of us and we need to ask questions so that we can help you find home and the ones who brought you here."

I stare at him in shock as his words sink in. My mind begins to fill with fear, doubt and insecurity but I try to seem calm on the outside as I give him my name.

"Y/N."

"What?"

"That's my name. Y/N. That was the first question right?" This seems to snap the bunny out of whatever daydream she was in.

"Yup. I'm Judy Hopps and this is my partner Nick Wilde. Nice to meet you. What's your species?"

"Human."

"What's that?'

And that's how I began to make friends with a rabbit and a fox. God, talk about sentence you never thought youd say.