ch. 6

Judy's P.O.V

The car ride to mine was awkward to say the least but I did find out a few thing about their species like how little children they tend to have. When we got out the car all that happened was passer-by-ers recorded us shouting abuse at Y/N. I give them all a dirty looks, most of the comments where about how a dangerous creature that can take a feral wolf while in the normal mind set is too dangerous and should be put down before it kills everyone. All of the comments are about how dangerous Y/N is, how disgusting Y/N looks because of the lack of fur, how Y/N should die.

I want to shut them up, I want them to see that Y/N isnt a bad person. All I can do is get Y/N inside as fast as possible and hope that none of the comments hit too deep. Finally I manage to unlock the door and close it, blocking out the outside world and the hate that comes with it.

I sigh lightly as I sit down, rubbing my sore feet caused by the amount of running around I did today. Y/N sat beside me looking uncomfortable and tense. I was about to start a conversation when my phone rung. 'Mum' I think to myself reading the contact name 'why is she calling?'

"Hey mum." I say after swiping my phone and leaving the room.

"Hi sweetie, is it true you have the new creature living with you? It's all over the news."

"Yeah, the creature is called a human and has a name, Y/N. Why?"

"Oh well, I didnt know if the crea- human is dangerous or not so I want to see if you're okay."

"Oh well, Y/Ns fine and so am I."

"Are you sure? Theres a video of it almost killing a feral wolf. If it can do that so easily god only knows what it could do to you."

"Y/Ns not an it mum but yes, I'm sure I'm safe."

"Good, one last thing. Your brothers and sisters are very interested in the human-"

"The humans name is Y/N."

"They are interested in Y/N and I was wondering if you two could pay a visit to the farm, maybe bring that fox of yours along too."

"I'll have to see, theres a press conference tomorrow anyway so I cant do it until the weekend even if Bogo gives me clearance. Which I don't know if he will. There's a lot of debate on Y/N right now, about how much danger would come with Y/N walking around. I'm honestly surprised that Bogos letting Y/N stay with me."

"Okay honey, take care. If anything happens let me know, dont put yourself in too much danger"

"I'll be safe, promise. Bye mum."

I ended the call, a little mad that my mum only really wanted to know about Y/N. She didnt ask how work is going, how long it took me to actually calm Y/N down from the panic that was clear as day when we first met in the woods. I know she loves me but sometimes I dont feel it, ya know.

Y/N looks at me with wide eyes and asks what the conversation was about. I dont even know where to begin. My inner battle was interrupted when the question was repeated.

"I was my mum." I start, not know how to word this. "She was asking about you, wanting to know if you would go to the farm to see my siblings because they're interested in you. I told her that you have a press interview so you can't until the weekend even if my boss were to allow you to go."

"Interview? Hold on ALLOW me to go? What? Am I not 'safe' enough to walk around without having the police breathing down my back? Why should I need to have his permission, if that were a 'normal' animal that jumped in and saved the foxes life then they would be called a hero, be known as a brave citizen who risked their life for another. Just cause I'm different I get called a threat for it."

I back up slightly, nervous about the outcome of this Y/Ns anger. The points that were made are right though, even I'm on edge. Y/N looks at me, so lost and broken. I take another step back and I can almost hear a heart breaking just because of the teary eyed look I get.

"See, even you're afraid..." the voice crack and hopeless tone is almost enough to make me cry. "Im- I'm not dangerous. I-" tears start to fall freely down the humans face as the eyes scan mines for something.

I guess that something wasn't found.

A/n: would everyone be okay if I use she/her pro nouns for the rest of this? I dont mind they/them but I find it alot more difficult to use because I have a few ideas that needs the main character to be a girl for. If not please comment here.