ch. 8

A/N: OCs in fanfiction annoy me so I dont plan on keeping the characters I'm about to introduce however if people like a specific one I might consider developing them a little bit. I dont plan on developing a romance sub-plot since I know I will get in the way of people ships. Also, I've done research because I want this to be as accurate as possible, this means that I will add traditional names (for the most part) however I dont have any prior knowledge and may make mistakes. If I upset anyone or make a mistake please correct me, I'd rather know than not know. I want to know if anyone has any ideas and I'll add a bit at the end for that. If you do what I do and comment before reading everything then that's fine too.

Y/N P.O.V

I flinched back and covered my ears as the odd "scream" left her mouth. Then five bodies come into view, three of them are tigers and the other two of them are black panthers.

I back myself up against the wall as quick as possible and get to my feet. I have no clue who these people are or what will happen if I let my guard down. I dont realise that tears are quickly rolling down my cheeks as I puff my chest out in an attempt to seem intimidating.

We all kinda stare at each other waiting to see what happens but when no one goes to move they let their guard down a little by slouching their shoulders. I don't, I'm scared out of my mind. I've never seen a black panther (apart from the jungle book but that doesn't count) and the last time I saw a tiger was at the zoo.

While looking at them I notice a few things about their characters. One of the black panther is slender while the other has a broader body shape. I'm assuming ones a girl and the other is a boy. The girl has dyed patches of aright blue fur on her ears and reminds me of an art student. There are two boys and a girl I think. The first boy is short and lean while the other is taller but still lean. The girl is short and looks the least threatening out of all the animals.

My rapidly beating heart starts to calm down after a while but the goose bumps dont leave, I cant tell if they're caused by how cold it is or fear . The short tiger starts to walk towards me slowly with her hand stuck out for me to shake it. She doesn't get too close but I feel more trapped than I did before. After repeatedly taking big breaths to calm myself I slowly stick my hand out, inching towards hers ever so slowly.

When I do she introduces herself as Li ming, I recognise the name to be Chinese which means shes probably from there or has roots leading back to China. She then steps back and looks at me with so much interest.

"What your name?" She asked smiling which is something she seems to do a lot.

"Y-Y/N" I didnt mean to stutter but now that I have I get a little more afraid. One of them, the female black panther looks around and sighs frustrated.

"C'mon min we need to be leaving now." She all but growls baring her teeth slightly. She looks ready to attack me at any moment but Li Ming just laughs her off and turns her attention back to me.

"You're that new animal, right? What's your species called?"

"Homosapien is the technical term but we refer to ourselves as humans." I dont want to annoy the cheerful tiger because the black panther looks ready to kill me.

"Well Y/N, why are you out here in the alley way? On the news you were with the police, I didn't think they would let you out alone just yet incase you got attacked or something but judging from the videos you can defend yourself." She tries to make light of the subject but I laugh awkwardly, wanting nothing more than for her to leave. I mean seriously, is it normal to talk to random strangers because you saw them on the news or is this yet another way I'm different.

"Haha,.... yeah...." I trail off

"OH!" She yells startling me, "you must be hungry, want to go get something to eat with us?"

"Um... I dont have money." I make the excuse which is true, I have no money but I dont want to go anywhere with these people which is the main reason saying no.

She looks disappointed before brightening up like she has an idea. "Wait, we could go to Carlos' parents cafe, the foods good and cheap so I could get you something." She points to the taller tiger called Carlos and smiles brightly. The black panther gives me a look that says go with it or I'm dead. Terrified, I nod my head. Her whole face brightens up reminding me of a child as she grabs my arm and starts to drag me along with her.

God, I hope I haven't made the wrong choice.

A/N: Okay, I feel a little guilty on keeping you all waiting so I will keep the ocs for a few more chapters at most until I can reintroduce the cannon characters. Any ideas for how the story should progress? I have plans but I want to know if theres anything you want added. Sorry for the short chapter.