ch. 10

A/N: Yes, Y/N is female because I write this mostly to get the ideas I have out of my head. I have mentioned this change twice already. Once at the end of the chapter before these pronouns are used and at the very beginning of the next chapter. I am female and I write this to imagine how I would react to these situations which is why I'm using she/her pronouns. I dont plan on changing this however I dont really care if you read it from a males perspective so long as you're aware that Y/N is a feminist. If this makes you uncomfortable then I ask you to find a new book to read. For those who are fine with this then thank you for understanding.

Y/N P.O.V

The ride to the police station was silent, but not the type of comfortable silence you get when you're sitting with family or friends. No. This silence was heavy and suffocating, like you're drowning in the tension of the unknown. Once we get there Nick opens the door for me then I follow him all the way to a small room with a table and two chairs. People started and gawked at me, someone even reached for their gun as I walked by.

He motioned for me to sit down and asked what happened. "Her mum called..." I started awkwardly. "I didn't hear the conversation but when she came back out she told me that her siblings wanted to meet me. She said that I couldn't do it until after the interview anyway and that shed have to ask permission for me to go down. She didnt even ask if I was comfortable with the interview or going to meet her whole family. Just acted like I'm some prize winning pet she can flaunt around. Then she had the audacity to look afraid when I tried to show off my frustration. She looked at me like I would kill her if I got more angry then acted as though I'm in the wrong for being mad. I dont want to meet people or do the interview."

Nick sat in silence for a minute, contemplating what I just said. "If you think that miss hopps is incapable of dealing with the emotional distress that you get put under then we could arrange for you to be taken with someone else."

"I thought you didnt like me" I muttered, confused as to why he would help.

"Listen, I'm sorry I was hard on you. I took action on my own prejudice which isnt okay. If you would like, you can stay with me until you can get your own place."

"Thank you. Um... When is the interview?"

"Oh its tomorrow. I have no way of getting you out of that one, sorry. Its gonna be on the news live by the way so that they dont have the chance to edit what you say to twist people views of you." With that he gets up and opens the door for me. "You coming?"

Smiling, I follow him. A weight taken off my chest. "Um.... I saw a few people being taken into a police car in cuffs. What's going to happen to them?"

Nick stops and says that they're being asked about what happened. This allows me to catch up and walk the rest of the way to wherever we are going beside him. He takes me to a office with a large buffalo sitting in a chair at a desk looking annoyed. "Nick, what are you doing here with the human"

'The human' comment annoyed me and I had to stop myself for saying anything snarky back."Y/N doesn't feel as though officer hopps is capable of handling her when she gets frustrated so I'm here to request responsibility over her."

"Sure just make sure she gets to that interview and doesnt cause trouble. If there is any slip ups then she will be redirected a different officer." Jeez, what's wrong with him

Nick says nothing and drags me out of there and to his car. Again, the journey is quite but it's not as bad anymore. I think I may actually be able to tolerate him.

Eventually we reached a dark street where he beckoned me to follow him to his home and switched on a dim light. "Its late...." Nick said turning to me "I'll show you to your room, get some sleep. You've got an busy morning."

The sheets were surprisingly comfortable and tempting. Though I am still a little confused and shaken I fall asleep more minutes after my head hits the pillow.

~~~time skip~~~

-N"

"Y/N"

"Y/N get up. You've got an interview today and we cant be late." I hear Nick's voice yell as he shakes me awake.

"I'm up. I'm up" I mumble as I try to let my eyes adjust to my surrounding. Ugh. I was kinda hoping that this was all just one messed up nightmare but no. I sit up and look around the room. Nick is watching me do this but I dont think I care.

"Am I wearing this?" I gesture to the clothes I slept in silently praying that he has something I can change into. Luckily [the] god(s) have taken pity on me and granted me a new, or fresh I guess, outfit.

Finally ready (after brushing our teeth and stuff), me and Nick make our way to the interview. I honestly have not clue what to expect from this. I mean on one had people threw things at me for walking and on the other hand (if Judy's family is anything to go by) I've become something that people are interested in learning about. Either way I'm sure this interview will attract alot of attention.

The radio helps calm my nerves a bit but that doesn't stop my leg from bouncing. God this is stressful. Why is this ride taking so long? I need to calm down. Is it normal to sweat this much?

"Can we crack open window a bit? I'm freaking out a little."

"A little?" He muses "no need that's us here."

Already?
But I didnt even get to rehearse answers in my head.
Oh god(s)
What am I ment to do?

Nick helps me out the car

I can hear my heartbeat

He pushes me along with him slightly

Why is it so warm?

We make our way into the building

Is it normal to choke slightly when you breathe?

We make our way down a series of corridors

Why is everything so heavy

He pushes the door open

Why am I so dizzy?

All cameras turn in our direction

The dozens of voices screaming questions at once fades and the only noice I can hear properly is a high pitched buzz.

I grab onto Nick for support as the crowd fades in and out of focus.

I'm about to faint

I need to sit down

I open my mouth to try and say something but all that comes out is a short choking noise

I look at a camera as its flash goes off and suddenly the world starts spinning faster and the pounding on my skull moves to a warm pulsing on my neck before it all stops.

I dont register anything except a distant feeling on my back and head before it all goes black

I passed out infront of the paparazzi

A/N: I have no doubt that those who are asking about the gender of y/n skipped the first a/n. I explained myself there so please take time to read it if you havent already. If you did then happy pride month, stay safe and enjoy quarantine.