The Reckless (The Wild Youth)

Age 6

Andi was just starting out on school. She was new, at first being homeschooled by her mother, Celia Mack.

Andi was being dropped off at the classroom. She clung to her father's leg with death grip, not wanting to go.

"No, I don't wanna go!" Andi screamed. Ham tried to console his daughter by working his hands through her hair.

"Andi, it'll be just for today," Ham replied calmly. "I'll be back to pick you up."

Andi fervently protested. "Daddy, don't let me go!"

Ham leaned down to face her.

"Andi, it's going to be okay," He said. "I'm sure you'll make new friends. And if you feel that you wanna be homeschooled again, say the word."

Andi wiped away at her tears, looking to the classroom.

"I'm gonna go, okay? Ask your teacher if you need anything."

Andi nodded, but she still felt sad. So small.

Ham walked out and Andi goes over to her desk, in the corner of the room.

"Hi," Another person said. Andi looked over to the left side of her desk to see another girl her age. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, almost like the color of the ocean. "I'm Amber. What's your name?"

Andi shivered. "Andi."

Amber smiled, standing up and walking to Andi, giving her a hug. "Well, Andi, I think we're gonna be great friends."

Andi smiled for the first time that day.

--------------------

Andi and Amber had their first sleepover today. Andi's never had a sleepover before because her mom was so strict. The six year olds were in a store with Andi's mother.

"Andi, check this out!" Amber called, her short blonde hair swinging as she turns her head.

Andi ran over and Amber held out a bracelet making kit.

"Cool!" Andi said, taking the kit. "I'm asking Mom if I can get it!"

Andi ran up to her mother with the kit in her hands. "Mom, can I get this, please?"

Celia looked down at Andi, taking the kit from her and squinting at it.

"Yes, you may get it," Celia replied, handing Andi the bracelet making kit back.

Andi squealed. Sometimes it takes days for Celia to get something that Andi likes, but since Andi was doing really well for her first few months of 2nd grade, Celia promised to get her a gift.