37 - Galatic X-Machina Battle Royal 2.0 Y

"C'mon, it's time to wake up!"

"Noooo... I need to sleep."

"Miranda, Patty's in the middle of doing her makeup and we have to be at the entrance in 30 minutes done with our breakfast. You have to get up!"

Here's a thing I've learned from being in the company of the great Miranda González: she likes to sleep. If she ever gets the chance to do it, she will. Be it in the middle of the afternoon, early morning, late morning, late at night, any way or time she gets to sleep is never enough for Miranda.

So now, I was trying to make her get up... and she decided to just hold on tighter to her Plagg plushie and turn her back to me. How sweet.

Yet, I did get some help from Patty. Not willingly, of course, but enough to make Miranda and the people from the dorms next to us wake up if they hadn't yet. Because out of a sudden, a loud scream came from the bathroom making me and Miranda jump from where we were. I grabbed a shoe from under my bed, and headed to the bathroom, ready to kill whatever bug Patty would consider to be an endangerment to her life.

I opened the bathroom door and found Patty with her makeup bags spread all over the sink and her sitting in the toilet with her hands covering her face.

"Patty, what's wrong? Where's the bug?"

She looked at me weirdly, as if what I was saying didn't make any sense.

"Girl, I could easily kill a bug! It's much worse than that!"

I let my arm down and looked at her confused.

"Is Hozier releasing a new song? Is Hatari breaking up? Did Lorde die?" Not that I'm a fan of any of that, but I know a scream of agony from Patty can mean a lot of things.

"What?! No! Gods, Caroline, you're giving me depression just thinking of that!"

I rolled my eyes and put my shoe in my foot. "What is it then?"

She looked at the sink seeming as if she was about to cry.

"I didn't bring my eyelash curler!"

So, let me get this straight: on a trip to the middle of the mountains where we were supposed to bring practical stuff, my dear friend decided to bring her whole makeup routine items, and yet because she forgot ONE, she started screaming in the bathroom at 8.30 in the morning. I'm sorry but I cannot be the one who doesn't see what the big deal of an eyelash curler is.

In response to Patty's actions, I rolled my eyes and looked at the white ceiling. "Well, then I guess you're gonna have to live with that for a couple more days."

She looked me deadly in the eye. "Don't even joke about that! Do you have any idea how valuable an eyelash curler is to my morning routine?"

I rolled my eyes once again and turned to her one last time. "No. I don't. But food is more important than makeup. And if you take much longer, we're gonna miss breakfast. So, be quick." And then I walked back to the bed area to find that Miranda was still in bed.

Since when did I become the sane one in a group?

● ● ●

Two minutes before 9 o'clock, the three of us had arrived and yet only one-third of the people were there. Miranda started complaining about us not having to arrive that early because most people weren't even there yet and Patty started complaining about her hair and how "dirty it was" leading to the fact she had to wear a ponytail today.

"Gods, my hair looks so bad today! And I hate to put it in a ponytail! It looks awful!"

I turned to her with a glare of confusion. "What's so wrong with ponytails?"