22 - And he had no idea

"Quick, quick, quick! You've got a Maths test in ten minutes and need to be on the other side of the school to make it there before Mrs. Wilson doesn't let you enter!" I mentally told myself.

I was walking as fast as I could in the middle of the hallway. Fast enough to bump into some people. But hey, who would notice the little nerd who just passes by you?

Well, I guess someone indeed noticed. Noticed enough to pull his arm around my shoulders without me even noticing. "Hello, Meadows. How have you been?"

I looked at him and saw a guy, probably just a bit taller than me, with a natural tanned skin tone, brown wavy mop top and honey big eyes. Harry.

"What do you want, Harry?" I asked him looking away and shaking my shoulders so that he could keep his hands off. But he didn't and I didn't want to create another whole drama scenario because of some stupid behaviour from the Chipmunk King.

"Oh, you know just hang out until Mrs. Wilson class. And besides, you are pretty much one of the most envious girl in school. All the girls would want to be in your place. Why can't you just talk to me a little?" He asked with a smirk.

"Because I don't want to. Now can I please just go? Because, I don't know about you but I don't want to be late for our Maths test."

I was about to start walking even faster when he just pulled me back. For a guy who looks skinny as hell, he did end up having some strength. Of course that he was in the football team after all...

"You are aware of Adam's reputation, aren't you?"

And that struck me as a lightning bolt. I was, in fact aware of his reputation. I was aware that he had basically screwed every girl in this school and was some sort of bad boy. But now that I think of it... he doesn't seem like the type to do that stuff. He actually respects the people around him and wants everyone to just laugh as much as he does. Which... doesn't make sense with all that thing about his reputation.

"Yes. I am aware. But why would you bring that up?"

"Just to warn a fellow friend that if she sees her boyfriend, keeping company to a certain raven haired small girl with big curves, she can't say I didn't warn her."

I looked at him in shock not quite knowing what to say.

And before all you 'Pattys', if you know what I mean, start wondering why I was speechless, no. I was not jealous or heartbroken. No. I don't, and never will, like Adam that way.

What did bother me were just two things: the fact that Adam could be doing what I'd never thought he would, and the fact that Harry looked happy telling me this. Was he happy because he was starting a rumour about his own friend? For what? So that Adam could get even more attention? As if being the most popular guy in school wasn't enough!

So, yeah. I did not know how to react.

"You're speechless." He looked up and ran a hand through his hair. "You know, next time you wanna date somebody, try not to pick a football player. Nerds like you never get the guy. That sort of thing only happens in movies."

You know what the stupidest part of all of this was? That a small part of me believed in him. That in some random area in my brain what he told made sense.

Which made me hate myself for thinking that. I wasn't gonna believe some annoying chipmunk who thought he could say whatever he wanted and made me feel like I couldn't trust one of my few friends.

So I answered what he deserved. "Screw. You. And if you really want to become 'my friend' don't work too hard on it. It's not gonna happen. Because my friends, don't try starting rumours about their own friends. Now if you excuse me I've got a Maths test to attend and you to avoid."