12 - Getting to know Trumpet Man

It had already been about a whole month since the entire party experience happened.

In the start it was petrifying. Whenever I passed people who went to the party or at least had heard of my incident (so basically everybody at school) they would start commenting and laughing at me. I learned to deal with it, but at the start I just wanted to punch everyone.

And that was even before they started making up stories. There was this one that said that I actually brought the brownies (which I eventually learned had drugs on them), deliberately ate them and tried to convince Adam to eat them too, before he dragged me to his car and dropped me off at my place while I was actually trying to flirt with him. Which, by the way, is totally the opposite of what happened. Yes, I did eat the brownies but I didn't even know they had drugs on them. And yes, I fainted and Adam had to dragg me to Patty's car. But it was Patty's not Adam's. And Adam was the one who actually tried flirting with me, according to Patty. Yup, even when I'm not sober he tries to get his way. However, it turns out my brain still maintains its own reflexes and involuntary actions with the drugs and whenever he said something cocky or flirty, I would just mumble some sounds in disgust.

Thanks for keeping it together brain, I appreciate you.

And now it's time for another brand new discovery I made in the past three weeks. The person who took the brownies to the party was none other than Ms. Sasha King herself. Why wasn't I expecting this?

When Adam told me that he had found out it was her, I was truly not surprised. Considering her history, it was only a matter of time. And that was probably why she looked at me that way during the party. I don't know. But as I'm not a big drama bitchy cow like her, I simply let it go and continued with my life. Because that's what I do best.

And that was really the best medicine I could have gotten with this situation. After the three weeks some people noticed that I couldn't care less what they thought of me and what they didn't. So, slowly, people started to forget about it. Eventually, after an entire month of paranoia with what I should do so that people will notice me less, I was finally able to take a deep breath and rest.

The Monday after that, I arrived at school and nobody specifically looked at me. Which was a good thing.

The day was going smoothly, no specific problems. Except for the time when Harry decided to start annoying me at Maths with Adam watching. He couldn't just let me be, could he?

He didn't get detention. But he should have. That little brat is annoying as hell! And by that I mean Harry. Adam was just playing cool.

Speaking of Adam, he has actually been kind of nice to me. No more excruciating annoyance from his existence. Actually being tolerable. Which is a good thing. Unless, he's being nice to me so that he can one day ask for something or suddenly start being even more annoying... and I'm probably just starting to play worst case scenario so let's stop that.

But enough with this chit-chat. Let's go back to the story.

It was Monday and I was calmly navigating through the school main hall trying not to get seen or even noticed. And I was succeeding like it was a piece of cake. But then a strange noise that sounded like a broken trumpet came from behind and I was somehow able to hear it besides the noise. I looked behind and didn't see anybody with any instruments. Not even a weird hat from the band. Nothing.

Suddenly, an average tall guy spotted me in the middle of the crowd and started waving at me. "Heyo there, Caroline!" He said smiling at me with his big mouth and an innocent look. "Hi there, Thomas." I replied feeling a little awkard and smiling back at him before starting to walk again.

Whenever I somehow was late to something Patty would either start sending messages as if it was the end of the world, or call me. And if I didn't answer her calls, which happens a lot because I mute my phone, the first option would happen anyway.