* f i f t e e n *

"(Y/n)!"

You quickly breathed in, and upon exhaling, you leapt straight upwards.

The temari balls whammed against the floor where your feet had stood on just a second ago, colliding into each other. But instead of bouncing in opposite directions, all three of them rose straight up towards you. You hung suspended in the air for a moment, and repositioned your body so you partially face the ground.

"Breath of Snow, Third Form:

Glacial Cross."

Urging your arm faster, you swung your scimitar in an X. Its iced-over blade left in its wake a ravaged mess of the three temari balls, ripped into shreds that could no longer do you any injury. Your feet landed on the wood with a thud as you quickly skimmed your eyes over your surroundings.

You grimaced upon spotting Yushiro, beheaded by the impact of a ball. Tamayo held his headless body close, waiting for his recovery. Nezuko had defended herself in the corner of the room; a part of her thigh had been blown away, but other then that, she suffered only a few scratches. A pile of shattered wooden planks lay sadly below the huge hole in the wall.

You glared. A woman with short hair, yellow pupils, and a black coat over a kimono stood in plain sight outside the manse. Behind her some distance away was her demon ally. A large, blue, pearl necklace hung around his neck, and morphed green eyes blinked in the centers of his palms. The eyelids on his face were shut.

The girl laughed maniacally (as many villain characters do). She casually dribbled two temari balls in place, an eager smile stretched across her mouth.

"Ahahaha! I killed somebody," was her jeer. Her cat-like eyes lit up when they landed on Tanjiro, who stood ready beside you. "The Demon Slayer with the hanafuda-like earrings..."

Tanjiro flinched. "That's you, right?"

Your knuckles turned white, trembling as you tightened your hold on your scimitar's hilt.

Their target was Tanjiro.

Knowing him, he'll use himself to lure them away from Tamayo, Yushiro, and the woman in the back room.

"Nezuko," he said hurriedly, "carry the unconscious woman to a safe place outside!" The sister nodded, and without any hesitation she burst into the other room.

You took one step to your right so you blocked the demons' views of Tamayo and Yushiro. The Temari Demon slung a ball straight towards you.

"Breath of Snow, Seventh Form,"

you began.

"Fro-"

Tanjiro cut you off.

"Breath of Water, Seventh Form:

Piercing Rain Drop!"

You growled as the boy intervened, thrusting his Nichirin Sword from a curved angle through the temari ball. You grabbed his shoulder and pushed past him, breaking into a sprint towards the woman demon.

"NO!" Tanjiro shouted after you, but you ignored him.

"Breath of Snow, Second Form:

Crystalline Thorns."

Four temari balls materialized from within her large sleeves. She juggled them for a moment before hurling them at you, one-by-one.