A u t h o r ' s N o t e

Hello, my dears.

First off, thank you for reading this far into Our Halcyon Days. I never expected this book to blow up as it has, and I am super flattered to see that it's been widely enjoyed thus far!

And while this may seem odd, that is precisely the reason why I will be putting it on hold.

(Please hear me out on this!)

Lately, I've been rather displeased with the quality of my work. A good story requires a deeper level of thought and planning put into it — something I feel I am lacking.

My writing has not satisfied me and I am struggling to find motivation, even though it is you all who are my motivation.

I take long breaks, writing inconsistently, and as a result, views, likes and comments are slowly but surely going down.

And I know I shouldn't be hung up on something like that — it's a bit selfish — but I crave reader approval, haha.

I need to know what I'm doing is right and what is liked. If it meets expectations.

I had a great idea with not enough foresight. The execution is off. But I did promise to keep writing, and I do like this story, so here's what's gonna go down.

Our Halcyon Days will return when Season 2 of Demon Slayer airs, or maybe even sooner!

I have already covered the entirety of Season 1 for anime onlies, and continuing onward will only get easier if I see Season 2 animated. Plus, I'll be hyped!

In the meanwhile, I was thinking of writing Balanced Unlimited, and/or working on an original story that I plan to turn into a Webtoon.

Following this Author's Note will be an estimated two extra chapters. One will be a mini finale until the book's off hiatus, and the next will be the crossover for The Promised Neverland that y'all voted for.

I am super sorry if I have disappointed you guys in this decision, but I felt it would've been irresponsible to not let the thousands of you know what was going on.

I know many of you will be gone before Season 2,

But I sincerely hope the majority will stay!

Thank you as always :)

~ d e l p h i n i u m