- Part 2

"Alright, everyone. Because we're all new to this, let's work through this together slowly."

Matsushita was talking to everyone else, and pulled up the map of the school.

"Firstly, before I suggest my idea, would anyone like to share their ideas?"

Everyone was looking at each other with anxiousness. Since it was the first time doing this, we were like lost lambs. While the explanation was clear and the goals were easy to understand, trying to apply these concepts to something we've never done before was difficult.

It seemed like Matsushita quickly formed an idea in his head as to give us all a direction on where to go for our strategy. I too began thinking about what to do with the rules given, and ultimately reached a conclusion.

I had a general idea of a possible strategy, but I didn't want to speak out just yet since it wasn't fully developed and I had no clue if it would actually work. Since I didn't want to trouble anyone, I decided to keep quiet. My idea was outlandish anyways, so I didn't want to be called an idiot.

Chabashira-sensei stood next to the machine, and was assisting Kawaguchi in uploading his deck into the visor.

"Yeah, I got something." Akihiro raised his hand.

"What is it, Akihiro-kun?" Matsushita said.

"Let's first gauge how good everyone is."

"Good idea, but I feel like that would be too time-consuming, trying to determine everyone's skills right now. To narrow it down, let's try another approach. Who here likes playing Vanguard?" Matsushita said, raising his hand.

About half our class raised their hands afterwards, me included.

"Okay, so the ones who didn't raise their hands don't enjoy it, or?"

"I don't have any interest in it." Yamaguchi said. "I'd much rather sit out of the war."

"Right? Me too." Fujimura said.

Yukimura nodded along with their opinions.

Of course, those type of people had no interest in Vanguard. For Yamaguchi, he was usually seen hanging out with the troublemakers, and Fujimura was a gyaru. Gyaru's aren't known for their love of Vanguard, after all. Yukimura was exclusively invested in football and basically failed in every other aspect.

I did see him play Vanguard with Mitsuba once, but he was doing really badly at it. Since our war was being broadcasted live to the entire school, this could potentially be embarrassing for those who aren't good at Vanguard.

"I see... then, in that case..." Matsushita rubbed his chin, mulling over the options. He looked like a real leader, but an overly cautious one.

"Isogai-san, let's split everyone into two groups. Those who want to go to war, and those who don't. It'll make communication easier." Sakigamiya said.

"Yeah, let's do that. Everyone, if you want to go to war, please come to the front. If you don't, please go to the back."

The class began to switch seats. I decided to sit with those at the front.

Matsushita observed his classmates and nodded. "Alright, this makes things more clear for me now. May I have everyone's attention for a second? I'd like to explain my strategy."

Everyone turned to listen to Matsushita, even Chabashira-sensei.

"I think that we should split into two groups, attackers and defenders. The attackers will be hunting for Mikazuchi-senpai, and the defenders will be protecting me. My idea is that I'll hide in a difficult to access room, and the defenders will battle those who are trying to kill me. That way, the risk of me going into battle and losing will be decreased, and I won't fight unless absolutely necessary. How does that sound?"