- Part 3

This evening, I had made plans to go out again with a certain someone. After being dropped off back to the Drachma Red area by Kaido, I went back to my dorm room to kill time until it was night.

I did some light studying and read a couple chapters of a light novel on my phone. Needless to say, it felt like my usual routine. But, at the same time, I felt like my everyday life had been shaken up a little bit.

This morning, I had gone out to play with Demiza and Ichinose. Then, I faced Kaido head on. Now, I'm going to finally reunite with Suzune, and be able to talk to her properly.

To my surprise, the place we were meeting in was somewhere I was very familiar with, at least when it was still in Tokyo. My aunt, Mikushicha Rina, owned a restaurant. During middle school, instead of going home, I would usually come by her place and help her out. Then when she closed up, she would drive me back home.

Unexpectedly however, she closed the restaurant down. I didn't hear about this in advance, and I felt a little betrayed about it. When I contacted her to ask about it, she said it was because she moved to a different location. This was back during my second year of middle school, and now, in my first year of high school, I finally know what happened to her restaurant.

Rina moved her restaurant from Tokyo to GEN Academy.

I didn't even realise it at first, because I never went outside. Her restaurant was located near Nishi Mall, in the generic area where no nation owns parts of it. Like a grey area, or a neutral zone. I have fond memories of spending time in that restaurant. It let me get away from... him, and I learnt a lot about cooking and business from Rina.

When it closed down, I had to return home straight away after school. During those times, I stayed holed up in my room and didn't communicate with anyone except my mom and little sister. Those days I spent alone weren't sad though. I was happy by myself. It's no different to how I'm living right now.

We arranged to have dinner at 7pm, so I left at 6:30pm. I took the bus to the mall, and walked around a bit, trying to find the restaurant.

About five minutes later, I found Rina's Restaurant, a family diner style restaurant, a bit west off Nishi Wall. I had never been outside in the island during night, so seeing the city lit up made it feel like a whole new atmosphere. It was strangely warm and welcoming.

I entered the restaurant. It was fairly busy, with lots of people eating at the table with cheery faces, talking to their friends. I think Matsushita and Sakigamiya were here too, sitting in the corner seats. Were they on a date?

A waitress walked up to me, and bowed. She looked no older than me. "Good evening, sir. Welcome to Rina's Restaurant. Have you made reservations?"

"Uh... sort of. I had a friend make a reservation for us. I'm Takanori Yuuto."

"Ah, yes, there was a reservation for a Takanori-sama." The waitress checked her tablet and nodded. "Perfect. Kinoshita-sama's waiting for you in private room 2. Shall I guide you?"

"Yeah. Thanks." I bowed.

I'm a little disappointed I won't be able to meet my aunt after all this time. Though, I guess I could request to see her. After all, me and Suzune used to visit her often after school while we were in elementary school. Suzune would always order a dessert and say that my aunt's cakes were the best.

I followed the waitress to the back of the restaurant, where we entered the second private room down the hall. The waitress opened the door for me, and I entered.

Immediately, my eyes fell upon my childhood friend. I nearly tripped over myself seeing Suzune dressed up for the evening. She was absolutely gorgeous, sitting at the table with an air of elegance. I was still wearing my shirt and chino pants from earlier, so I looked really pathetic in comparison.