Omake: Character Decks

Chabashira-sensei: Welcome to my extra lesson on the analysis of other character's Vanguard decks. I'm Chabashira Shizuka, your class teacher, and it's a pleasure to meet you. I'll be presenting the decks used in this volume, and give my commentary on them. Deck statistics are also included, graded from E- to A+. An explanation for each category is provided below.

Consistency: Refers to drawing, searching, deck thinning, etc. Anything to increase getting into your win condition more often.
Power: Refers to power, critical, number of attacks, etc. Anything to attack the opponent with an increased edge in battle.
Recovery: Refers to resource management, recycling cards, levelling the playing field after falling behind, etc. Anything to close the gap between you and your opponent if you are losing.
Protection: Refers to shield, retiring, binding, etc. Anything to protect yourself from your opponent through various means of disruption.
Versatility: Refers to the various lines of play the deck can make, what different strategies it can utilise, how it deals in niche situations, etc. Anything that the deck can do in any number of given situations, and how well it can adapt to it.

The codes next to the deck name refer to the set they come from. V-CD stands for V Character Deck. V-LD stands for V Legend Deck. V-BD stands for V Booster Set (i.e built from the set).

V-CD01: The BIG BANG Knuckle Buster "Takanori Yuuto"
Imaginary Gift: Accel II

Grade 0
1x Barit Dracokid (Starter)
4x Dragon Dancer, Catharina (Front)
2x Exorcist Mage, Lin Lin (Front)
2x Spark Edge Dracokid (Critical)
4x Wyvern Guard, Guld (Draw/Sentinel)
4x Worm Toxin Eradicator, Seiobo (Heal)

Chabashira-sensei: Takanori-san has gone with a 6-2 front-critical split. This works out quite nicely, as Narukami prefers front triggers over critical triggers. This is because Gauntlet Buster has inherent critical gain and their front row doesn't hit for very high numbers that easily. The two critical triggers are used primarily as a scare tactic, since it makes people think twice before saying "no guard" to Detonix Drill.

Grade 1
4x Demolition Dragon
4x Desert Gunner, Gaiban
4x Rising Phoenix
1x Lightning of Hope, Helena

Chabashira-sensei: Helena is Takanori-san's tech of choice. Helena lets you stay at low damage more easily, so if you're facing against a deck that damage starves or you need to stay low on damage for, Helena puts in a fair amount of work. Other tech options include the popular Bolt Capture Dragon, which gusts a rear-guard to the front row, or Thunder Break Dragon, who clears out the front row swiftly and effortlessly.

Grade 2
4x Dragonic Deathscythe
4x Fiendish Sword Eradicator, Cho-Ou
4x Supreme Army Eradicator, Zuitan

Grade 3
4x Eradicator, Gauntlet Buster Dragon (Avatar)
4x Detonix Drill Dragon

Chabashira-sensei: Takanori-san has yet to master the full-extent of Gauntlet Buster, the biggest haymaker of his deck. It's an incredibly threatening vanguard that will force lots of cards out of the opponent's hand, and is also very good at damage denying, restricting the options your opponent has available. It's very strong against Accel clans, but is weak against Protect clans.

Consistency: C+
Power: A
Recovery: D+
Protection: B-
Versatility: C
(47)

Chabashira-sensei: Takanori-san's deck is well put together and utilises the best parts of Narukami. The deck is tailored towards his play-style, reflected in the very aggressive way he pilots it, unlike most others who use Narukami as a tempo-based deck. He likes big explosive moves, using his Vanguard to pressure his opponent, and having his rear-guards blitzkrieg them in consecutive succession.

V-LD01: The FATED SLASH "Mikazuchi Ryuzaki"
Imaginary Gift: Accel II

Grade 0
1x Stealth Beast, Cat Devil (Starter)
4x Stealth Dragon, Zanba Rider (Critical)
2x Stealth Beast, Moon Edge (Critical)
4x Stealth Beast, Leaves Mirage (Draw/Sentinel)
2x Stealth Beast, Cat Rogue (Draw)
4x Stealth Fiend, Yukihime (Heal)