- Part 4

After confirming the details of our plans one last time, we had spent a little under two hours in the war preparation room. Finishing it up, we headed back to our classroom where it was now break time.

While everyone else headed out of the class once returning their belongings, I decided to hang around and play on my phone. This is how I've been killing time for the past couple weeks while at this school. No one ever comes to me and asks for me to join them, after all.

The riajuus were still in class, before leaving together in a group. While I expected Matsushita to be in the centre of it all, he actually stayed behind, waving his friends goodbye. Then, he unexpectedly turned to face my direction, and walked up to me.

"Takanori-san, is it okay to have a moment of your time?"

I looked up from my phone. What does Matsushita want from me?

"Sure."

"Well... can you come with me for a bit?"

Somebody pinch me. Am I dreaming? Or is the Matsushita Isogai asking me to go with him? Am I suddenly going to become a riajuu? Is this my redemption arc?

I tried to play it cool and nodded. Inside though, I was giddy.

"Great. Sorry for being a bother." Matsushita smiled.

"No problem. I don't do much in break time anyways." I said.

We left the class, and Matsushita lead the way. I walked next to him, side by side, and I felt my social status skyrocket through the roof. For once, I was an equal to him.

I can't believe that this is really happening. People looked at our unusual combo, but Matsushita wasn't bothered by it.

"So, where are we going exactly?" I asked.

"We're going to the special wing."

The special wing was a peculiar place. No one ever went to it since all the rooms were locked and it was generally boring and disinteresting. No one loitered around due to the surveillance cameras that watched over the hallway.

Not to mention how far it was from main classes. It was rare for anyone to go here since you'd be wasting most of your break just walking to and back.

I wonder what business Matsushita has in the special wing. If he's bringing me along, I don't think anything good will come out of it. Perhaps he's going to sacrifice me or try and assimilate me into a cult. A plain guy like me would be the perfect target.

Matsushita chuckled, as if he could read my thoughts. He looked at me with a gentle face.

"What's wrong? You look so stressed." He said.

"I was just wondering what we're going to the special wing for, that's all."

"Ah. You see, my roommate, Kuwahara-senpai, actually asked me to come to the special building to meet him. Strangely, he asked me to bring you along."

It seems Matsushita had decided to rent an apartment. No wonder I didn't see him in the dormitory buildings.

"This Kuwahara-senpai sounds suspicious."

"No, no, Kuwahara-senpai is a nice guy. He was very welcoming when I moved in. Though... the way he asked me to come out was a bit off, to say the least. I don't know what he wants, but I trust him."

Man, ikemen are something else. They're so accepting of others it's almost scary.

As I walked beside him, I noticed that from here, Matsushita smelt like flowers. It was a wonderful scent that wasn't overpowering at all.