- Part 5

The floor of the dorms were separated by gender. Floors 1 to 3 were occupied by the boys, while floors 4 to 6 were occupied by the girls. As last year's 3rd Years lived on floors 1 and 4, us 1st Years got their old rooms. I boarded off the elevator and headed to Yukina's room, which was room 401, and knocked on the door.

Yukina opened the door, smiling. She was wearing her pyjamas, which made her look strangely mature. Her long lavender hair was a bit frizzled, which made it seem like she was in bed moments earlier. Admittedly, she was cute. However, seeing her like this felt wrong, so I adverted my eyes.

"Yuu-kun, it's good to see you, come inside. I was wondering when you'd arrive."

"Sorry, I was eating out for dinner tonight."

"Oh? You finally left the house for once."

"Twice today, actually."

"Then in that case, you should've invited me out to play as well." Yukina pouted.

"Asking to go to your room at night is good enough... right?"

"Then next time, invite me with you. I'm curious on what you need to talk to me about."

"Let's do that inside. Excuse the intrusion."

I stepped inside.

The weight of my actions finally hit me - I was now a foot deep inside a girl's room. Reality began caving in around me, and panic rose from my chest.

Since when did me and Yukina become so close? How did I manage to get access to a girl's room? What will happen if I get caught in this situation? Will weird rumours start spreading around school? Am I going to ruin Yukina's worth even more?

"Yuu-kun, are you okay? You stopped moving suddenly."

I couldn't let those materialistic thoughts take control of me so suddenly. I discarded the unnecessary feelings that held me back, and walked bravely into her rose-scented room.

It was intoxicating. I felt like I was walking into a room of a succubus. Well, Yukina was wearing a seductive pink gown embroidered with white lace. Maybe that had to do with my strange thoughts.

I looked around her tidy room. Surprisingly, she had made her room quite pretty, having a pastel orange and pink colour scheme. It was more impressive than mine for sure, as I didn't add anything new to my room or decorate it with a new look. I sat down on a free chair and looked at Yukina.

"Would you like any tea?" She asked.

"Green tea is fine." I said.

Yukina nodded, going to the kitchen in her dorm room. I looked at the desk adjacent to me, and there were a scatter of letters marked with flowers on the table. She receives a lot of letters... I wondered how many of them letters were love confessions from other boys, and how many of them were from after the school revelation.

I didn't want to intrude on her privacy, since I was already super close to crossing some lines by just being in her room, so I ignored the strange worry in my heart. It's not like I care, really. I guess I'm slightly concerned.

I rested my arm on the table, shaking while doing so. I was extremely nervous. I haven't been in a girl's room before, so this is unbelievably nerve-wracking. As someone who prides themselves on being ordinary, in this situation, I felt unordinary.

Calm down, Yuuto. Yukina let you in because she trust you, and she's your friend. There's nothing to worry about whatsoever. Just talk to her about what's been on your mind recently, and ask her the question. Don't get distracted by how gorgeous she looks or how lucky you feel to be in this situation. Don't get distracted by her intoxicating scent or your own stupid nerves.