Chapter Two

Karen's POV
      "There are about thirty applicants for the post ma" Love, my Secretary updates me as I walk into my office.

      "OK. Call Mr Patrick to prepare the board room and wait for me there" I instruct Love."Ok ma" she says and leave.

     I walk into my office and sit to inhale the scent before noticing a stain on my glass table. Clearly annoyed, I called for my Secretary to report to my office. She walks in two minutes later and I immediately shout at her. "Can't you do anything right? You know how much I hate stains and yet you are unable to clean my glass perfectly! What exactly is your problem? You are paid for this job. If you tired just resign. There are many unemployed people out there!" I state  angrily.

     "I'm s...o..rr...y ma I wi..ll..." Love picks on her word. "Just shut your mouth your mouth and get out" I state rolling my eyes.

     I sit down reflecting on my childhood memories when I hear a knock on my door. "Who's it?" I ask unamused

     "It's Mr Patrick ma, the board room is ready ma" Mr Patrick informs me

      "Ok I will be there in a minute" I inform him and a deep sigh ready for the day's work

       Mr Patrick and I started taking in some applicants for marketing  but neither of them was impressive. I was getting exhausted when we took in the last applicant by name Matthew Walker. I recognize him as the man I almost brushed a while ago and I think he did too judging from the way his eyes never left mine. I offered him a seat and asked about his educational background.

    "Well, I attended The Mores grade school at primary level and West high for high school" He says shyly

    "What about your college education?" Mr Partrick asks him. "I never attended college but I have a good knowledge of marketing through online reading" He says gaining some confidence

    Mr Patrick takes a quick glance at me and I told him to carry on while I rest into my chair and wandered into my mind. After thirty minutes of discussion between both men which I ws oblivious of. I interrupt them "I'm sorry but you are not qualified for this post" I state dryly and his eyes widens.

    "But ma, from the discussion we just had, I can sense his good sense of marketing.  If we employ him,we would hit a boost in our sales" Mr Patrick tries to convince me. "Even though, he didn't attend college Mr Patrick " I shrug.

    "It's not all about going to school and having a good grade ma, he is quite smart and.....".
      " He isn't staying" I cut him off sternly. "But ma" Matthew tries to talk and I cut him off with a glare
     "  Sorry ma'am ,there are no more applicants and we need a marketer as soon as possible so as not to suffer a loss" Mr Patrick says quietly

     I think for a while and later agree to it for the sake of my business "If he doesn't perform to my expectations, I would fire you along with him" I say to Mr Patrick and he nods

     "I won't disappoint you ma" Matthew says and I glare at him. "I didn't ask for your opinion" I spit and his face widens with annoyance. "Show him his office and give him the rules " I instruct Mr Partrick and shoot a last glare at Matthew before the leaving the room.

   "You will get used to how things are run here as time goes on" I hear Mr Patrick say to Matthew her but choose to ignore.

Hey guys! Your opinions matter to me
Don't forget to Vote, comment and share

Xoxo