Chapter Eight

*It's hard to get high when you're living on the bottom*

Matthew

I wake up to the wonderful buzzing alarm from my sister's room. Her alarm is so loud that it can even wake a dead person. I angrily step out of my room ready to lash out on her for not allowing me enjoy my sleep when I stomped into my mum who was holding a cup of warm tea and spilled it all over the floor. Thank God it was warm.

"I'm sorry mum. I didn't see you coming" I try to apologize but she simply glares at me and walk into her room. She liked having a warm tea every morning.

"Oh wonderful brother. What a blessed morning" Angela squeals into my ear.

"Angela!!" I groan.

"Did my alarm wake you?" She looks at me smirking. Now I know she did it purposely.

"Nope it didn't. It took me to the land of the deads" I roll my eyes.

"You're smelling bro. Go get a shower" she laughs and runs off before I could get her.

I enter into my room and started playing my favourite song.
What a beautiful name it is..
The name of Jesus...

I took a shower and got dressed. I searched around for my devotionals and Bible. I rushed through the devotionals and prayed. I didn't want to be late.

"Bro you really need to get a car so I don't have to follow the bus anymore. It's annoying" Angela whines.

"All is possible with God" I smiled.

"Yh right" She simply rolls her eyes. I could tell she didn't believe. She had a thing with religion and I don't know why.

"And yes, make sure you ask Karen for lunch today" she smiles into my eyes.

"Angela!!" I call out clearly embarrassed.

"Love you bro" she heads out to school.

*

Karen

"Good morning dear" I receive a call from Aunt Pedigree. She had practically made it a habit to call me everyday.

"Aunt" I mumbled into the phone.

"Bless you dear. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good aunt"

"Alright dear. Please come see me in your free time. I want to see you OK?"

"Ok aunt. I was planning on coming to the orphanage. I saw my uncle." Even mentioning his name stirred some anger within me.

"What! Are you OK?" She practically gasps.

"Yes" I sigh.

"Please come soon"

"Yh soon" and with that. I hung up the call. I had an appointment with Julian today.

*

"How are you Karen?" She asks me.

"I'm good Julian. What's the result?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Well, it's quite positive. Just use your drugs often." She informs.

"Ok" I heave a sigh of relief.

"Today's Friday. Wanna watch a movie?" She asks me excitement clear in her eyes.

"Why not" I said kind of happy about it. I actually like going out with Julian. At that moment, all my worries are gone.

"Ok" she squeals.

"I need to get to work" I say as I take my bag and walk out.

*

Matthew

I kept pacing round in my office since I got to work. After sending an e-mail to the TV stations for marketing. I had been a little restless. I really want to eat lunch with Karen but I don't know how to ask her. I kept thinking about this when I got a call from her office.

"Good morning ma'am Karen" I say with all strength in me.

"I heard you sent an e-mail" she doesn't look up at all.

"Yes ma'am".

"Ok...they replied into my e-mail and they said they liked your idea. That's impressive" she finally looks up and I smile within me as I take in her beautiful face.

"Thank you ma'am "

"You welcome. You can go now."

"You seem to be in a good mood today" the words jump out of my mouth before I could even processes them.

"You have a problem with it?" She looks unamused.

"No ma'am. I was just saying" I pick my fingers.

"You don't just say anything you feel like around me OK? If you can't keep your mouth shut, then you probably need to get a glue to gum your lips together." She spats and I melt immediately.

"I'm sorry ma'am" I rushed out before I say anything stupid again. I couldn't ask her for lunch once again.

*

Karen

"What movie would you like to watch?" Julian asks me as we check for a movie.

"Anything you choose" I reply unamused.

"Ok. Courage girl will do then" she replies.

"What type of a movie would that be?" I ask irritation clear in my voice.

"You'll never know till you watch it right?" She replies.

"Yh right" I shrugged.

I never the movie was actually going to be an analysis about me.

Hey

What are your opinions on this chapter.

Yh "courage girl " movie is coming up next chapter. Stay connected.

Please follow, vote, comment and share.

Love,
Tinnie❤❤