Chapter Ten

I'm sorry but there was a typo error inthe previous chapter. It's "Miel and not Mien". Sorry for that.

Xoxo.

Matthew

I pondered on it for a while before finally picking up but waited for her to talk.

"Mat" she calls.

"Hey Miel. What a pleasant surprise! You called!" I reply sarcastically.

"How have you been Mat?" She ignores. It either she didn't get the sarcastic remark or she simply ignored it.

"Oh well, so you think you can cut off communication with me for years and suddenly call one day to ask me how I have been? Just to burst your bubbles Miel, I have been better without you" I spat angrily.

"It's not like that Mat" she sighs.

"I don't want to know" I deadpan fighting the urge to ask her what happened.

"I have been through shit Mat" she cries.

"Does it seem like I give a damn? I reply with every anger in me.

"Mat I'm in the country and I want to see you" she replys.

"Well, I don't. We broke up years ago" I state immediately regretting it. And with that, I hung up the phone not wanting to say another word.

I should have listened to her. To what she had to say. She said she went through a lot. What do I do now? Do I call her back? Oh no what have I done?! I begin to worry in my head. I really don't know what to do. I contemplated on calling her back but decided against it.

*

Karen

I walked into the office with a feeling of happiness in me. I had decided to listen to what Julian told me. She told me to let go of my past so that I could live a better life. She was right. If I don't let go, I would never be happy. I decided to take my drugs regularly and also go out and make more friends. I thought of being in a relationship tho. Funny right? Lol.

I know that if I change the way I look at things, the look of things will definitely change and that's what I am looking for. A positive change. I keep thinking about this when I walked into Matthew.

"Morning Matthew" I threw him a wide smile. He bit his lips for a moment before murmuring a reply. I bet he wanted to say something.

"Morning Ma'am" he murmurs.

"Karen....call me Karen" I reply still smiling. He looks at me obviously shocked.

"Ok ma'am" he replys.

"Karen" I wink at him and walk through the hallways. I settled in my office and started the day's work when I received a message.

From unknown;

It's a beautiful morning, stay beautiful 8:45am

I smiled at the message but couldn't stop myself from pondering on who it could be. I thought of replying but decided to call instead. I called severally but the person never picked the call. I got tired of calling and decided to face my work instead. Few minutes later, there's was a knock on the door.

"Come in" I state while Mr Patrick walks in.

"Good morning Madam" he bows.

"How may I help you?" I roll my eyes at his mannerism and state dryly. I wonder why I found it hypocritical.

"There has beena very high boost in the sales since Mr Matthew released the first advertisement online" he says with booms of joy.

I also can't believe it. We had been reducing in the sales of recent that made us desperate for a good marketer. Never thought he could be that good considering he didn't even attend college.

"That's great news. We could ask for more supplies right?" It sounded more like a statement than a question but Mr Partrick replys anyways.

"Yes ma'am, I told you he would be good." He smiles widely.

"Call him for me." I instruct. I spank myself mentally. Julain had asked me to always use the magic words.

"Please" I state as Mr Patrick is about to leave. He looks back surprised but didn't say anything. Some minutes later, Matthew walks in.

"You called for me ma'am." He states smiling.

"Karen" I laugh while he scoffs.

"Don't  worry,  You will get used to it very soon" I smile widely at him.

"Yes Karen" he says shyly but I could sense a cue of happiness.

"Anyways, I was informed that there was a boost in sales due to the advertisement you created online. That's very impressive. I will be giving you a bonus" I smile widely at him.

He squeals in excitement and could hardly even say a word.

"Thank you so much ma'am" he finally says.

"No problem, you deserve it." I say genuinely.

He scratches his head continuously as if he wanted to say something.

"You wanna say something?" I ask in order to help him out.

"Maybe we could eat lunch together?" He shyly says. What the heck?! Lunch?!

"Don't think because I have allowed you to call me by name, you can disregard me. Be guided here. You are my employee not my friend." I spat angrily before I could even process the words.

Hey,
How do we do?

Who do y'all think the secret person that messages Karen?

Why do you guys think she is unable to let go of her past?

What exactly is her past?

Stay connected, don't forget to follow,vote,comment and share.

Love,
Tinnie❤❤