Chapter Seven

*I have come into the realisation that people come into our lives just to leave us broken*

Karen

I saw my uncle quietly walk into my office with heavy dark eyes like he had been crying. He reaches to call my name but I look away.

"Karen....." he almost whispers.

When I didn't reply, he calls again and this time I shout back. "Uncle pls get out of my office" I spit while holding my ears.

I hear him heave a deep sigh. "I'll be back Tomato".

I flinch as he calls me Tomato. I begin to dive into my childhood memories as fresh heavy tears begin to pour. I hear a knock on the door and I quickly clean my face as Mr Matthew practically strolls in. I shot him a glare and he seems to freeze but stays still.

"Its simple. Go back and knock on the door then walk in like my employee" I spat. I can tell he is taken aback by my statement but doesn't say anything but did as I asked.

"Now how can I help you?" I asked with a bored expression searching for nothing on my table.

One minute, no reply.

Next minute, no reply. Then I looked up to see him sweating and my eyes go wide.

"Is everything alright with yo..." I barely even finished my statement that he replied.

"Yes ma'am " and with that he stormed out of the office. What was that for

*

Matthew

I helped the man to Karen's office but hoped everything was alright. It was almost lunch and I thought of asking Karen to eat with me. I debated on the idea for a while before finally going for a yes. I knock on the door and walk in. If eyes could kill, I would be dead. She shot me a deadly glare and I stopped right on my tracks though oblivious of the reason.

"It's simple. Go back and knock on the door and walk in like my employee" she practically spat. I was taken aback by it but simply did as she asked.

"Now how can I help you?" I was already shivering by then. I didn't know what to say. It was by nature for me to grow sweaty when I'm nervous. I search for words in my head but found none. Should I be like?

Oh Karen, I find you gorgeous let's eat together. No no, I would totally lose my job.

"Is everything alright with y...." I flinched as I heard her voice.

"Yes ma'am" I didn't know what else to say so I rushed out. I rue going to her office. I really wanted to eat with somebody so I called Love. She had asked me to pay for the food but I didn't mind much.

*

How can we rewrite the stars say you were made to be mine....

I hear Angela practically blowing the house off with her music as she walks into my room.

"Hey bro" she squeals.

"Hey sis" I shrug.

"Oh come on" she rolls her eyes. I knew she wanted me to tell her about my workplace. She always wanted to know everything. I guess it's an habit. To be honest, I'm fond of it cause it makes me feel loved.

"Well...nothing much just that I wanted to ask Karen to eat lunch  with me but I couldn't" I state dryly.

"Uhm..hm...hm" she squeals annoyingly.

"What now!" I spat.

"Calms calms bro. I hadn't said anything yet" she smirks.

"What if you were" I tried to sound annoyed but to be honest I wasn't.

"You like her." She says quickly and run out before I could catch her.

"Angela be warned " I call out to her through the hallways.

I rest my head in my pillow and remembered what Angela said do I really like her? Oh no I couldn't like her. I just find her attractive. My mind wanders back to the question Patrick asked me and my head tilts up immediately. I pondered on the question for a while and I concluded I didn't since the only girl I dated had left the country years back. Miel. I couldn't say we broke cause we never did. We only lost communication but do I still like her? I kept pondering on the question till I finally fell asleep.

Yoo.
I'm sorry for the late update.
It's school and all.
What's your views on this chapter.

More are going to be revealed on Miel and Matthew's relationship.

Stay connected.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Your opinions mean a lot to me.
Love,
Tinnie ❤❤