Chapter Six

Karen

"Karen, here's your chocolate" my mum hands me my favourite chocolate.

"Thank you mummy!" I squeal in excitement.

"Does little Princess want to sing for daddy?" My daddy asks me smiling.

"Yes yes!" I throw my hands in the air.

"OK darling "

"I love you
You love me
We are happy family
With a great big hug........" I hugged both my mom and dad and I immediately hear my dad shout and everything went blank.

I woke up from the nightmare extremely terrified. I felt my heart begin to accelerate at a  very high rate. Guess I was going to have another panic attack. I tried to breath in and out consistently both to no avail. I held on to my pillow tightly while constantly looking around the dark room and quickly trying to catch my breath.

After 15 minutes, I was finally able to catch my breath. I checked the time and it was exactly 2am. I usually had the nightmares around that time. I found it difficult to go back to bed. I switched on my phone and started browsing trying to while away time hoping I would fall asleep. I saw different posts. Those that made me upset, those that made me sad and those that mad me happy. At 5am, I was finally able to drift to sleep.

I woke up due to alarm on my phone. I grudgingly walked to the bathroom. I looked at the mirror and I could see how terrible I looked with the dark circles under my eyes. I took my bath anyways and slipped on a corporate black suit and trousers. I curled my hair and didn't even bother to put any make-up on. I was extremely tired. I had pancakes and left for work.

I put on the radio in my car to listen to some exciting music when I felt a push behind me. Someone had hit my car. I left the car angrily and walked over only to be shocked to see my uncle who had literally forgotten about me. I look with no emotions at all and tried to walk away when he called.

"Karen" he says almost as a whisper. I ignore him and continue to walk to my car. I could feel him walking behind me but I didn't stop.  I was about entering when he held my hand.

"Don't ever touch me" I jerked away from his touch. I saw a flash of pain in his eyes but ignored it.

"I don't have much to say to you but I just want you to know that I'm sorry for everything "

"What exactly are you sorry for!? For being an animal all these while!" I shouted back which drew the attention of passers by but I could care less.

"I can explain" he pleads

"I don't want to hear it." And with that, I jumped into my car and zoomed. It was going to be a pretty long day.

*

I was welcomed by a smiling Mr Matthew at the reception. I wonder what makes him so happy. I thought.

"Good morning ma'am" he bows.

"Good to see you" he looked up surprisingly but doesn't say anything but nods slightly.

"Anyways get to work" I state shortly after.

Not long after I entered my office that Mr Patrick enters.

"Good morning madam"

"Morning Mr Patrick.  I want to have a meeting with you and Mr Matthew in some minutes time" I say while settling down.

"Ok ma. I will inform him"

*

Matthew

I was strolling round the office since I got to work a bit early when I saw Miss Karen coming in. I smiled at her while she walked in and tried to take in her appearance. She looked like she had stayed up all night. Was she that hard-working?.

"Good morning ma'am " I bowed

"Good to see you" she mumbles in response and I look up at her surprised that she didn't make any curt remark.

"Anyways get to work" she says shortly after and begins to walk away.

I couldn't help but look at her as she walked briskly into her office. She's indeed a bosslady.  I pushed away my thought and begin to walk back to my office and stormed into something. No, someone.  I look up to apologize when the man suddenly asked "Where's Karen?". I looked at him puzzled.

Hey guys
I'm sorry, this chapter is shorter than the other ones but I'm really tired right now
I will update soon
Feel free to share me your opinions
Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Love,
Tinnie❤❤