Chapter 7

After the battle with the kishin, your thoughts were plagued with questions. Things like ‘Why didn’t he attack me? Why did I freeze up like that? How will the others react when they found out that I didn’t do anything? Will I be expelled?’ Your thoughts were only silenced by Soul’s signature ringtone which was Monster by Skillet. “Yeah what’s up?” You ask him.

“Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come and hang out with me and the others? We are going to play basketball.” He answers.

“I don’t know I’m not that good at basketball.” You tell him.

“It’s fine besides it will be a good distraction from all the stuff that happened with the kishin.” ‘Geez, it’s like he can read my mind.’ You think.

“Okay, I’ll come. What time should I be there?” You get up and go to your closet to search for clothes that you can play in.

“Cool. Be there in an hour.”

“Okay, I’ll see you then.” You say getting a ‘See ya’ in response before hanging up and going to change.

                                                    ~Time Skip~

You get to the basketball court last and see Soul, Black Star, Kid, Tsubaki, and Patty in a circle by the hoop. With a quick look around you also see Maka seated on a bench with a book in her hand. “Hey, guys.” You greet while walking to the circle not wanting to get Maka chopped for interrupting her.

“(FIRST NAME) YOU’RE FINALLY HERE!! WHAT THE HELL TOOK YOU SO LONG?!” Black Star yells to you.

“It’s not my fault I haven’t really been around here so I had no clue where I was going.” You explain.

“Oh sorry about that I kinda forgot that you just moved here a little while ago. I should have given you some directions.” Soul apologizes while rubbing the back of his neck.

“It’s fine. I’ll just have to remind you to give me directions next time.” You joke with a big smile.

His cheeks turned pink and he chuckled, “ Well you’re on mine and Kid’s team.”

“Alright let’s get this game started!” You shout excitedly and hop over to Soul and Kid.

“Alright.” Kid laughs at your enthusiasm and nods.

“But just playing basketball is no fun. Why don’t we play a punishing game on the losing team’s captain too?” Soul offers which causes Kid to give a look of alarm.

“Oh!! Good suggestion! I accept!!” Black Star smirks.

“If we lose, we’ll put the paintings on the walls at Kid’s place off by 2 centimeters,” Soul says.

“YOU...YOU CAN’T!!” Kid shouts in horror.

“Then if we lose, we’ll take away all of Patty’s giraffes away for a week.” Black Star comments.

“NO!!!! NOT MY GIRAFFES!!!!” Patty whines while clinging onto Black Star.

“Ok, let’s start,” Soul says and checks the ball to Black Star. Once it’s back in his hands you back up to the free-throw line. Soul passes the ball to you and you automatically turn around and make it into the basket. “Nice shot (First name) and you said you weren’t good at basketball.”

“Yeah yeah let’s keep going.” You smile and get ready.

                                                          ~Time Skip~